Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is fingerhut good for credit and fico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is fingerhut good for credit and fico?

I am trying to build my credit and was recently approved for fingerhut freshstart 230 cl and would graduate I am going to buy with the 50 minium and pay off right when statement prints is fingerhut good for building credit? I am trying to raise fico from 520 and working on getting rid of bad collections!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is fingerhut good for credit and fico?

Yes I started with a low 500 score range. Lots of medical collections and a BK. Fingerhut was the first to extend a 500 cl. It reports religiously to all bureaus and I went from 500 to 3k in 14 months. When your on the rebuilding phase it's a great place to start!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any positive revolving credit line is good for your credit profile. 

With that being said.....not all credit products are equal in terms of apr, terms, rewards etc. 

Fingerhut is known for having products with the selling prices higher than if you paid for them out right. Add on interest and this could be significant amount.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to build my credit and was recently approved for fingerhut freshstart 230 cl and would graduate I am going to buy with the 50 minium and pay off right when statement prints is fingerhut good for building credit? I am trying to raise fico from 520 and working on getting rid of bad collections!!

I have a Fingerhut account myself. It is a great place to build or re-build. Fingerhut, although often sells high-priced items, is a great way to build credit without breaking the bank, without paying a crazy annual and monthly service fees, and to show future lenders that you can handle an unsecured revolving account. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I had Fingerhut and 2 times in my credit life they helped me build credit. The key with them is to pick small items to buy and pay , they give pretty nice cli up to a point and regardless of their overpriced things there are deals worth buying if you check. I know they have free shipping events so just use wisely and it will help take you to next level. I eventually closed mine as it served its purpose but always have a nice place in my heart for FHSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.