Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a HP to ask for a CLI from CAP 1?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Is it a HP to ask for a CLI from CAP 1?

We're 2 months out from applying for a mortgage so I don't want to mess with my CR at all but I'd love to get a CLI from CAP 1. Is it a HP?

Thanks!
Jean

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it a HP to ask for a CLI from CAP 1?

@JMMD wrote:

We're 2 months out from applying for a mortgage so I don't want to mess with my CR at all but I'd love to get a CLI from CAP 1. Is it a HP?

Thanks!
Jean

99.99999% a SP, enjoy

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It will be a SP, and most likely based on the last time they did a SP. 

Some folks have even tried (!) to 'invoke' a HP (due to a significant recent score improvement) but it was still only a (usually dated) SP.

Go for it, there's nothing to lose, and anything it will help your utilization ratio if you're carrying a balance somewhere else.  When I got one of my mortgages, my broker actually suggested this as a way to make my application rate better.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

It will be a SP, and most likely based on the last time they did a SP. 

Some folks have even tried (!) to 'invoke' a HP (due to a significant recent score improvement) but it was still only a (usually dated) SP.

Go for it, there's nothing to lose, and anything it will help your utilization ratio if you're carrying a balance somewhere else.  When I got one of my mortgages, my broker actually suggested this as a way to make my application rate better.  Smiley Wink

This is what I am hoping. We have high UTI on a few CAP 1 cards. Worried it might effect our mortgage process. 

Message 4 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Have you recieved a CLI from Cap One in the past? If so how long? While its a SP and you can in theory ask everyday if you want, there is usually a window between CLI's before they will approve another one, usually six months. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can either call or log in online and do it.  I did a few months ago on one of my Cap1 cards.  They ONLY asked for updated income (Soft Pull if any)  and was instantly approved for an additional 1k.  If you call you might be able to ask for a certain amount.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 13
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. I hit the luv button and no luck. I think my last increase was too soon. Oh well, will try again in 6 months. 

Message 7 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@JMMD wrote:

Thanks everyone. I hit the luv button and no luck. I think my last increase was too soon. Oh well, will try again in 6 months. 

Just make sure it's 6 months from your last successful CLI! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Kenny wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

+1

If you're unsure of how long it's been, you can call/chat with a CSR and they can tell you when it was.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

+1

If you're unsure of how long it's been, you can call/chat with a CSR and they can tell you when it was.  Smiley Wink

Good to know! I'll call Monday.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.