cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

Sure wish I could figure out how to make the house / car payments!  LOL!

Ray

Message 101 of 109
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure wish I could figure out how to make the house / car payments!  LOL!

Ray

Just imagine the MR points that would accrue!

Message 102 of 109
daytrade5
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@daytrade5 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I use my Zync whereevery I want to!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Wherever you want to or whereever AMEX is accepted?  Ha!

Quick off topic question (sorry DI), can I earn points with the Zync restaurant package anywhere or do I have to dine at specific places? As often as I eat out i'd love to start earning some points for it! I racked up an impressive bill last night on my Amex & it hit me, daggumit I should be getting something out of this!

It's anywhere that's classified as "restaurant."  So, you get double points at starbucks, pete's, or any coffee shop/bar that's listed as "restaurant" as their merchant code.  If you sign up for the Eco pack, you get double the points at Costco, Whole Foods, or any merchange at Greeopia. 

That's good stuff!  Do you currently have this package? If so how is it working out for you?

Message 103 of 109
Open123
Super Contributor

I have this card for the restaurant pack (go to Morton's quite a bit, and got a $50), and the Eco pack which is free.

The restaurant pack is great.  Got a gift card from Coldstone, Dunken donuts, and Morton's for signing up.  I use mostly for personal dining and have found I receive double the points from coffee shops such as Starbucks, Pete's, and Tully's. 

The Eco pack gives you double the points on any merchant listed on greenopia such as whole foods etc....an unexpected benefit was when I received double the points shopping at Costco. 

Only down side is the points you accrue are only MR Express--lower conversion and can't distribute freely to frequent flyer programs.  Also, limited to $5,000 per category on double the points.

In my estimation, this card works well when combined with another charge card which instantly elevates your express points to full MR points.  I use my PR Gold for everything else, but use this card for peronal dining, coffee, and Costco.

Message 104 of 109
daytrade5
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

I have this card for the restaurant pack (go to Morton's quite a bit, and got a $50), and the Eco pack which is free.

The restaurant pack is great.  Got a gift card from Coldstone, Dunken donuts, and Morton's for signing up.  I use mostly for personal dining and have found I receive double the points from coffee shops such as Starbucks, Pete's, and Tully's. 

The Eco pack gives you double the points on any merchant listed on greenopia such as whole foods etc....an unexpected benefit was when I received double the points shopping at Costco. 

Only down side is the points you accrue are only MR Express--lower conversion and can't distribute freely to frequent flyer programs.  Also, limited to $5,000 per category on double the points.

In my estimation, this card works well when combined with another charge card which instantly elevates your express points to full MR points.  I use my PR Gold for everything else, but use this card for peronal dining, coffee, and Costco.

Cool! I'll have to look into this. I think I can scrap up $25 from my coin jar. Smiley Happy Thanks for your input!

Message 105 of 109
Open123
Super Contributor

Forgot to mention, another reason was for the 10,000 point sign up.  LOL

I didn't want to make it sound as if I were just doing for the sign up points.

Message 106 of 109
daytrade5
Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Forgot to mention, another reason was for the 10,000 point sign up.  LOL

I didn't want to make it sound as if I were just doing for the sign up points.

I would! Lol.

Message 107 of 109
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

major cards take care of 99 percent of my financial life. the only exceptions are the rent bill, vending machines, and cash tips. i don't care if i charge 5 cents on an amex. i always ask in a situation where they require a minimum charge to accept, if they are willing to charge me a dollar extra. i don't mind paying the little guy for the convience of charging. besides with amex, or discover, you get some of it back anyway.

but the big guys (especially walmart), don't mind using my amex infinitely for every 5 cent swipe. i may just swipe at walmart  just once more just cause.

my renter is an independent renter, lives in a teepee, thinks the goverment is going to get him, jimmy buffett type. so nothing but paper cash will do for him.

and i will NEVER NEVER write a check EVER. will get paper cash, money order or have my bank cut a check.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 108 of 109
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@scottwagnon wrote:

...my renter is an independent renter, lives in a teepee, thinks the goverment is going to get him, jimmy buffett type. so nothing but paper cash will do for him.

Wouldn't that be more of a "Willie Nelson type"? Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, congrats on figuring how to make credit work for you, instead of the other way around.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 109 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.