cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it ever possible to get citi to recon?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Is it ever possible to get citi to recon?

They just always seem to re-read decline letter and tell you have a nice day and refer you to look at your credit report.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Is it ever possible to get citi to recon?

Few months ago they declied my app for ATT Biz Visa Card with reason being too many inq's. I called and asked them to reconsider. They resubmitted to Underwriter and it is approved with $4k CL. You could call and ask and see what they say.
Message 2 of 6
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
They just always seem to re-read decline letter and tell you have a nice day and refer you to look at your credit report.

Yes, I was able to successfully recon my application with Citi which eventually resulted in an approval. No offense, but I rather speak with someone in the states so they are able to understand by situation better. The out sourced reps. seem to be trained to read script by script and aren’t able to tell you anything different than what is on his/her computer screen.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

so when calling how do you ask for the states!? if i escalate to manager?
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what number did you call, I called the credit underwriting from backdoor number and thats not credit at all, it's application status and they do nothing and say you can not speak to credit at all
Message 5 of 6
keith021
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
what number did you call, I called the credit underwriting from backdoor number and thats not credit at all, it's application status and they do nothing and say you can not speak to credit at all

I spoke with the application status department as well; I asked if my application could be reconsidered. I was then transferred to another department, I'm not sure if it was underwriting or not, but the representative was definitely American and wasn’t speaking script by script. I was told fax in a recent copy of my credit report and it will be reviewed. By the way, what was the reason for your denial?

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.