cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have have more then one HSBC product?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to have have more then one HSBC product?

I have 1 orchard and 1 hsbc (best buy). I have a co-worker that has 4 . I also get HSBC auto fin junk mail and i heard they no longer offer NEW auto loans. So how does that work??
Message 11 of 14
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

You can definately have more than on HSBC product.  I have 3 credit cards with them Two MC, One Visa, then I have a best buy from HSBC, and a Carson's from HSBC.  They told me there is a 5 card limit with them.  Currently. I am consolidating a MC with a Visa from them.  Eventually, I want to get away from them since I now have many other better CC's. They nickel and dime me on credit limits and I am not happy with that.  I started with HSBC almost 3 years ago, no lates, always pay early and at least triple my payment to them. Highest limit with them is 800.00 and all the rest 500.00.  I started at 300.00.  Hope this info helps.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Mentioned earlier that I had two... now I have 3.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The answer to the original question is entirely YMMV.  Some people are denied for new accounts when they only have one existing account, while others can get three or four of them with no problem.

IMO, the very fact that it is possible to be denied for having too many existing HSBC accounts is reason enough not to apply for a second one.

Message Edited by cheddar on 11-09-2008 10:09 AM
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.