cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to transfer Amex MR points...

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Is it possible to transfer Amex MR points...

from one amex account upon which I am an AU to another Amex account upon which I am the primary, if the primary of the account I am AU on gives approval?

My wife has the amex green and we have decent point total.  I have been an AU on that account since almost its creation.

I am hoping to open my own Amex Prem Gold card account and add her as an AU.  Will it be possible to move the points on her Green card over to the Gold account?

Thanks

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Is it possible to transfer Amex MR points...

shameless bump  Smiley Happy

Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 4
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

from one amex account upon which I am an AU to another Amex account upon which I am the primary, if the primary of the account I am AU on gives approval?

My wife has the amex green and we have decent point total.  I have been an AU on that account since almost its creation.

I am hoping to open my own Amex Prem Gold card account and add her as an AU.  Will it be possible to move the points on her Green card over to the Gold account?

Thanks

I have heard they make exceptions from time to time and mostly the answer is no.  You'll probably have to call and ask to get a definate answer

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 4
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Okay thanks Ryan. Smiley Happy

EDIT: I called Amex and asked.  Nope.  They will do it only if the primary on the account from which the points are to be transferred is also the primary on the new card account as well. 

Ah well.  No biggie!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.