cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to transfer Membership Rewards Express?

tag
ilvwhtgrls

Is it possible to transfer Membership Rewards Express?

I've had an Amex Zync card for the last year and built up 20k points.  I was recently approved for an Amex Delta card and was wondering if there was any way to tranfer my AMEX MR Express points to Sky miles?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible to transfer Membership Rewards Express?

I think you can get other charge card and convert them by linking the other charge card to the zync. Once the zync pts are converted using other charge card then you can apply towards miles of your choosing.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duncann is correct. The only way to convert MRE's to miles would be to apply for at least a Green charge. After activation (it took I think a couple of hours), all my MRE's were converted to MR's and I could apply them as miles to various airlines.

Message 3 of 5
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Pretty sure the answer to this is no, but you can confirm that quickly with a call to customer service.

If, however, you were to get another charge card, you could convert the MRE points to MR, and then the MR to Delta SkyMiles.

You might also be able to do this if you got the standard Blue card (not one of the Cash or Sky varieties, just the basic Blue with MR). I haven't heard of anyone linking that card to the Zync the way people do with the MR charge cards, but it seems like it would be reasonable to be able to do so.

Anyway, call customer service and tell them what you want to do. I'm sure they will help you figure out the best way to approach this.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 4 of 5
ilvwhtgrls

Thanks for the info.  Will probably hold off on opening another card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.