cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it to soon to apply for Chase Saphire Card after my Amex Gold approval last month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it to soon to apply for Chase Saphire Card after my Amex Gold approval last month?

Hey everyone!!

Have a quick question. I have excellent credit and was just approved for an Amex gold card about a month ago. I Have a used it a few times,  paid off the balance completely etc. etc. Fantastic card to have. But I am wanting to apply for the Chase Saphire card now for the rewards and to replace my Capitol One Visa which I wasn't getting any rewards for.

However, since I was just approved for amex gold a month ago would it be to soon to apply for Chase Sapphire?  Just have two credit cards total. Great credit. Only applied for one of them the amex gold last month but I've read applying for to many cards so soon can hurt? WIll I be okay applying for the Chase Saphire or do I need to wait? Thanks a lot for any replies in advance.

Josh

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it to soon to apply for Chase Saphire Card after my Amex Gold approval last month?

Hi imjoshmac! Welcome to the FICO Forums! Smiley Happy

First, congrats on your excellent credit standing!

Do you know what your average age of accounts is? How old is your Cap1 card? Do you have any other INQs, other than the one from Amex?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it to soon to apply for Chase Saphire Card after my Amex Gold approval last month?

Anyone else have insight into the OP's question?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi LilMirth,

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be here. =) My cap One  Visa is 3-4 years old. No other recent INQ's except from Amex that I know of.  Not sure about average age of accounts?

Message 4 of 5
lenz99
New Contributor

AMEX is slow in reporting new acct so your AMEX card might not even hit the CR yet...but Chase might decline you for "too few credit references". Never knows for sure until you try.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.