cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth making a payment last day of statement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it worth making a payment last day of statement?

Or by that time is it already too late on what they report to the bureaus since your available credit usually doesn't show up instantly?

Asking for utilization reasons.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it worth making a payment last day of statement?

In my experience, Capital One has posted the payment the same day and made funds available the next morning as long as the payment is made during the week before 6:00pm.

I have noticed that if you make a payment within about 5 days of the statement date, they for some reason decide to hold the payment longer.  I have been able to call them and they called my bank to verify the payment and posted it early.  I'm sure all banks are different in this regard, so you will probably have to call them and ask if there is a way to verify the payment and have it post earlier if you are hoping for it to report a lower balance, otherwise it will be another month.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it AltCtrl, in my experience with Discover, Amex, NFCU, Chase, that payment will still count toward the cycle that is ending and be applied appropriately. I think you are talking about due date? And, even if it doesn't apply before being reported, if you pay before statement cut, positive ir negative balances, future payment due, are adjusted accordingly.
Message 3 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doe, do you think it went through? Statement cut yesterday and we were hoping a lower balance would be reported for utilization reasons but it did not reflect on today's statement and it is still giving the option of being ablel to cancel the payment.

huhdisc.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I saw that already but Disco seems confusing. Legally it might be by 5pm but they also say by midnight. This message was from 4/18 but it changed the date to 4/19.

Discowhat.JPG

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.