Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is offer from Amex to upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum a HP

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Is offer from Amex to upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum a HP

I have an offer from Amex to upgrade my Delta Gold to a Delta Platinum. Is this a hard pull or just acceptance. Its earn 25,000 bonus miles after $2000 spend in first 3 months.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is offer from Amex to upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum a HP

There has been mixed results on that.  So it is YMMV whether it will be a hardpull or softpull.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mato01 wrote:

I have an offer from Amex to upgrade my Delta Gold to a Delta Platinum. Is this a hard pull or just acceptance. Its earn 25,000 bonus miles after $2000 spend in first 3 months.

Would you benefit from the platinums offerings? You would be better off to wait and apply for the platinum straight up and get at least a 50-60k bonus, but realize you would be affecting your average age of accounts.

Unless of course you are really close to a specific number of miles at 25k will magically be enough to allow some super redemption....  I vote don't do it.

Message 3 of 5
cem13
Established Contributor

I tried to upgrade eventhough I am on ice.  The CSR said she cannot pull through a freeze for an upgrade.  I did not thaw and waited for the letter.  It was a denial of course with the reason being "cannot verify your credit" or something like that.

I would really like the Platinum but I am not sure if it is worth the $10 to thaw.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same offer. I upgraded mine. It was a PC, no hard pull. They charged the $195 next statement.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.