Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Barclays Dragon Sated?

tag
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

Re: Is the Barclays Dragon Sated?

@nuohlac wrote:

I personally have found that vending machine and gas station swipes seem to keep everyone happy. Another strategy I use is my monthly abusing of the self checkout lanes. I will pay for each item I have with a different card. These methods make it a lot easier on you to get it done quickly and remember you have done it. 

I'm sure folks waiting in line behind you are thrilled Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

Thanks! No doubt that will make me the belle of the checkout ball but I’m going to give one transaction, one card a whirl!
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 12 of 22
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@sammydavidjr wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

I personally have found that vending machine and gas station swipes seem to keep everyone happy. Another strategy I use is my monthly abusing of the self checkout lanes. I will pay for each item I have with a different card. These methods make it a lot easier on you to get it done quickly and remember you have done it. 

@sammydavidjr I work second shift with Monday & Tuesday off. I do not encounter many crowds at all and majority of the world has no clue I exist. So luckily I am not in a position that makes me that guy! Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 22
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

@sammydavidjr wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@sammydavidjr I work second shift with Monday & Tuesday off. I do not encounter many crowds at all and majority of the world has no clue I exist. So luckily I am not in a position that makes me that guy! Smiley LOL

You could also live in a high ratio retirement city like myself. Self checkout is always empty and fastest. 😂 

Message 14 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

@sammydavidjr wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

That is so smart!  I've done it with gas but it's a pita.  Oh the things we do Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 15 of 22
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

@sammydavidjr wrote:

@nuohlac wrote:

That is so smart!  I've done it with gas but it's a pita.  Oh the things we do Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Tongue

@GApeachy I just figured you were working the self checkout lane from time to time too. 

Message 16 of 22
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

The really odd thing about all this was getting the upgrade offer on my JetBlue card to JetBlue Plus at the same time. I’m going to give that a whirl.
The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 17 of 22
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

@GApeachy I just figured you were working the self checkout lane from time to time too. 

No, since covid-19, when I do go I get in and out (mask and all) as quick as I can.  The only places that have self check out that I've seen always have like 500 ppl waiting in line, you know cuz there are 40 registers and only 2 open lanes ..........not down for a can of soup upside the head.  BUT...this could work for online orders as long as I don't jeopardize my free shipping.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Sound advise @M_Smart007 and @blindambition . I'll put infrequent spend on it. TBH, I kind of forget its there sometimes. I remember wanting it back when I had only 2 cards simply because it was a lower APR and a little bit more of a challenge to be approved for. They have been good to me so I don't want to lose it. However, they send an obnoxious and frankly dangerous amount of blank checks in the mail. Smiley Frustrated

Put a reminder in your phone every 3 months to use the card lol. I use phone reminders for expiring deals that I want to use but don't need to do immediately. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nuohlac wrote:

😆 So if you put about 30 items in your cart, you can cover practically each card.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.