cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Capital One credit score they put on your statements the real one?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Is the Capital One credit score they put on your statements the real one?

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay good! That scared me for a second. I've been rebuilding my credit and that score was lower than when I started! Where can i get my real Experian score?

You cannot buy your EX FICO. The only pleace you can get it for free is with a credit union in PA (PSECU) it is provided free of charge with an account there. Or you can apply for an AMEX and they do provide EX FICO's but it will cost you a HP on EX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

The experian web site can sell you their score. Not much point in doing that right now though as Cap 1 already sent you one.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 12 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LilloEsquilo wrote:

The experian web site can sell you their score. Not much point in doing that right now though as Cap 1 already sent you one.

Their website score is a PLUS score which is pretty much useless other than a online loan site (Prosper) and they even use a diff. version of PLUS (Scorex +)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use FreeCreditReport.com to monitor my EX report and my "Plus" score is 765 and my true EX FICO is 798, so you can see the difference, not very reliable, 33 point difference is pretty far off, I've read where a Members Plus score was in excess of 100 points off of their true EX FICO.

FCR.com is great for monitoring my EX report, I can refresh daily, and what's even better is I had to call them one time because I could not log into my account, and the CSR was saying how sorry she was and told me, since I've been a Member for over two years that she was going to cut my monthly payment from 14.95 to 7.95 for the next two years, and also gave me a 3 in 1 report (not that I really wanted that, I already have CMS for EQ and TU) but I thought that was awesome.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd give my input on the "Plus" score (not reliable).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.