Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the FRN MC still a soft?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Is the FRN MC still a soft?

I comenity has opened up to me recently, and I just got the popup for the Fuel Rewards MC, however it isn't showing up anymore :/, is it still a soft if denied/approved? I only ask because I don't want the ding if I would get denied.. Btw how do I get it to show up again? :/

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rhe: Is the FRN MC still a soft?

@willwar14 wrote:

I comenity has opened up to me recently, and I just got the popup for the Fuel Rewards MC, however it isn't showing up anymore :/, is it still a soft if denied/approved? I only ask because I don't want the ding if I would get denied.. Btw how do I get it to show up again? :/

You should assume that any Comenity card will be a HP.  The vast majority of the Visas are.  If the card is worthwhile then you need to be willing to accept the HP and be very happy if turns out to be a SP.

Message 2 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Rhe: Is the FRN MC still a soft?

Thanks irish, but im curious, has anyone who has gotten pre-approved for a CC from comenity been denied?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Thanks irish, but im curious, has anyone who has gotten pre-approved for a CC from comenity been denied?

Yes I've seen people get denied.  Doesn't happen often but does get occur especially if something has changed in your credit report since they SPed you.

Message 4 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Ah well, they SPed me 2 days ago so nothing has changed lol..

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure there's a good chance you' ll be approved.  Just be willing to accept the HP.  Are the rewards for that card worth it to you?  

Message 6 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@OP.. Is this card really worth it to you with fuel prices being so low for the foreseeable future?  It will most likely be a HP and personally find nothing special about the card and think you have better ones in your profile that probably already yield 1.5-2% off fuel  Just my 2 cents. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Is the FRN MC still a soft?

Fuel rewards was a hard pull for me on EQ
Message 8 of 12
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I'm just trying to figure out the rewards, and I am trying to only get cards that fit my spending, no more useless cards, thats how I racked up a bunch of stupid HPs earlier this year.. From the website I just don't understand the rewards lol, sorry if that sounds stupid lol.. 

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@willwar14 wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out the rewards, and I am trying to only get cards that fit my spending, no more useless cards, thats how I racked up a bunch of stupid HPs earlier this year.. From the website I just don't understand the rewards lol, sorry if that sounds stupid lol.. 

Personally I think the FRM would come in as a worthless card for you and serve no real purpose as you have better reward cards already and would just be a hit on your AAoA along with a HP on EQ most llikely.  Just my opinion of course.  I just don't think you would find much use for it unless you drive a TON and even with that probably not as you can register other CC's with the FR network if you so want to.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.