cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Forward card a good option for me?

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

@SnackTrader wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 11 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

Thank you so much for recapping these categories! 

Honestly though, I don't think this card would add a lot of value over and above that of the Chase Freedom or Discover (which I plan to apply for in 2013 or 2014).

I guess I will give Forward my best shot next year.  No one seems to think I might be declined - that's probably a good sign.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.