cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the JP Morgan Select still available to new customers?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Is the JP Morgan Select still available to new customers?

@bribro wrote:

Just confirmed with some friends that work in CPC that they no longer offer the JPM Select card. You now have to be a J.P. Morgan client to apply for the Select card, which kind of makes it more exclusive than the Palladium card now. Hah.

What's the requirements for the Palladium compared to the Select?

Message 11 of 19
android01
Valued Contributor

I have a JPM Select card, until 2015 or so.  I hope it's still available after that.  A hidden 25K tradeline is a good thing to have when needed! 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 12 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I have a JPM Select card, until 2015 or so.  I hope it's still available after that.  A hidden 25K tradeline is a good thing to have when needed! 

I think everyone who has one is grandfathered in hopefully

Message 13 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

Just confirmed with some friends that work in CPC that they no longer offer the JPM Select card. You now have to be a J.P. Morgan client to apply for the Select card, which kind of makes it more exclusive than the Palladium card now. Hah.

What's the requirements for the Palladium compared to the Select?

Palladium requires a $15k minimum credit line. Select starts at $5k.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@android01 wrote:

I think everyone who has one is grandfathered in hopefully

It's not really about being grandfathered since the product still exists and can be applied for (if you have a JPM wealth management relationship). The card is here to stay indefinitely, but things can of course change.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 15 of 19
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@TM82 wrote:

No, the card is discontinued.  It is unavailable to apply or a new one as well as PC'ing into one.  Existing cards will be grandfathered in.

I don't know why people keep repeating this, but the J.P. Morgan Select card is NOT discontinued; just because it's not listed on the Chase public website doesn't mean it no longer exists. You are supposed to have a JPMC wealth management relationship to apply though.

@@bribro I am looking at your cards in your siggy and did see a MCWE why dont you change your united card to one?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 16 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@TM82 wrote:

No, the card is discontinued.  It is unavailable to apply or a new one as well as PC'ing into one.  Existing cards will be grandfathered in.

I don't know why people keep repeating this, but the J.P. Morgan Select card is NOT discontinued; just because it's not listed on the Chase public website doesn't mean it no longer exists. You are supposed to have a JPMC wealth management relationship to apply though.

@@bribro I am looking at your cards in your siggy and did see a MCWE why dont you change your united card to one?

I'm not quite sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but I already have two MCWE cards (Citi Dividend and Ink Bold). I don't see a real need to add another right now.

Message 17 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Bribro, the good thig with the Palladium is that one can go 3X the CL. So even if someone starts with the min $15K, you have a possibility to go at $45K

I saw yours was $100K X 3

Message 18 of 19
bribro
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Bribro, the good thig with the Palladium is that one can go 3X the CL. So even if someone starts with the min $15K, you have a possibility to go at $45K

I saw yours was $100K X 3

Yup, although I've never come close to spending $300k in one month, thankfully. The JPM Select allows 2x, and in both cases these are guaranteed minimums. I could theoretically put more than $300k on my Palladium, but any transaction above that level would be approved on a case-by-case basis.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.