Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the total visa a good credit card for people with bad credit

tag
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

Is the total visa a good credit card for people with bad credit

I already have a Orchard bank card that I im good standing with for over 6 months now and wanted to try for Total visa .. is this a good credit card for bad credit .  My highest score right now is 544 and my lowest score is 440..

Or should I just wait and bring my score up by getting on PFD's which I am working on as well as GW's?

Thanks

Strong

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is the total visa a good credit card for people with bad credit

I vote no! I had it... your CLI are $25 once a year!!! the card is never going to go anywhere.

how about a secured card through National City or Bank of America 

Message 2 of 6
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I vote no! I had it... your CLI are $25 once a year!!! the card is never going to go anywhere.

how about a secured card through National City or Bank of America 

Creditaddict

Applying to BOA does that put a hard inquiry on your CR... I have heard that and if so by how many points do you think?  What about National City?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be a good card in a pinch, but the fees scare me. I would suggest checking out the BOA secured cards and maybe Cap1.
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

all credit cards are going to pull credit reports, and not to sound harsh but with score below 550 you probably won't see much negative from applying for a couple cards, I would think any new positive accounts would give you BIG BOOSTS!

I have been there before I should add!! the lower your scores, the faster they seem to climb when you start doing the right things. 

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 12-29-2008 09:15 PM
Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

not worth it.  if you go to my profile, you can see my posts about this card.  go with ANYTHING ELSE.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.