cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the wells fargo active cash cc bankrupt friendly?

tag
Oops_I_Did_It_Again
Regular Contributor

Re: Is the wells fargo active cash cc bankrupt friendly?

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

I read some posts on the  forum that said they are inq and new acct sensitive. but they were old posts. this card didnt exist back then plus this card has a wide range of introductory rates from low to pretty high which kind of tells me they can collar you with one of those high interest ones.

Have you tried the on-line pre-screen?  Others have reported being denied even with approvals from the pre-screener, and/or pre-selected to apply mail, but if you are approved that provides some further confirmation beyond Experian's recommendation.  I think opening a savings / checking account before applying might be helpful for your approval odds also, but I understand most people don't want to bother with that, just to get a credit card.

Credit Profile (FEB 2024)
F8 EX 767 EQ 770, TU 773, F8 BC EX 784, EQ BC 789, F9 EX 777
TCL: $124,200, reporting available: $120,995
cc utilization: 3%, auto loan: $5,456/$6850
AoOA 5Y 9M, AAoA 3Y 3M, AoYA 7M
new cc accounts 3/24, 2/12, 0/6, 0/3, INQs 12 months EX 2, EQ 1, TU 1

Personal Cards (15)
Chase/Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom Unlimited, Bank of America CCR, American Express BCP+CM, GS Apple Card (MC)
PenFed PC Rewards, Citibank DoubleCash, Discover IT + BT, Regions Cash Rewards, Wells Fargo AC, CapOne QS, Synchrony PPMC +
Closed (1): Synchony Amazon Prime

Business Cards (1)
American Express BBC
Message 11 of 31
Hex
Valued Contributor

I've read posts here from people with deposit accounts at Wells Fargo who have said they were denied credit cards from them because their deposit accounts didn't have large enough balances. I never opened a checking account with them (despite nice SUB's) because I didn't want to park a bunch money there. I think this is something to consider before opening a deposit account with them to build a relationship. 

Message 12 of 31
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Hex wrote:

I've read posts here from people with deposit accounts at Wells Fargo who have said they were denied credit cards from them because their deposit accounts didn't have large enough balances. I never opened a checking account with them (despite nice SUB's) because I didn't want to park a bunch money there. I think this is something to consider before opening a deposit account with them to build a relationship. 

I'm just poking around looking at various cards for one reason or the other gradually upgrading my portfolio.  I have gotten to the point in my rebuild that i am only interested in rewards cards. lately i've been getting pretty nice cards with respectable sl's, disco, savor one are 2 good examples. the savor one is a world elite card. i recently was preapproved for a comenty rwards mastercard with a 100 sub. the first time i got a card with a sub. 

my reports are unremarkable but slowly getting respectable. that bk7 will be there for 8 more years like an anchor but i work hard at doing the right thing.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 13 of 31
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

If you apply, would you mind reporting back on your results?

Message 14 of 31
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I tried the wf pequal, no cards listed so experian must show me that card for marketing.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 15 of 31
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

I think you should just apply. Take one for the team Smiley Happy

I would do it, but I have some student loan baddies which will likely cause me to get denied. I'm working on getting those erased.

Message 16 of 31
collics
Established Contributor

Just adding a bit of data in case it helps someone else.

A relative filed BK in 2018 and got the wf secured card (back when it was offered) soon after. It graduated to the platinum card (no rewards). Yesterday, they converted the plat to the active cash. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 17 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I wouldn't be "taking one for the team", you already did that with BoA denial. 

All your cards were acquired post BK, and that's a lot of cards. 

You may not want to hear it (this is the part where everyone gets mad at me), you need to stop applying and work with what you got. If you got cards you don't need or use, that's a lesson in itself. 

Don't let Cap1 and Disco approvals lull you into thinking it's time for 'spree", you happened to be their target demographic. 

"Spree" isn't just about same day apps, it's really a period of 1 to 2 years since that's look back period for most lenders. 

I do understand completely wantig to rebuild quickly after BK, but when one over does it, it halts the rebuild and potential approvals. You need positive payment history more than you need cards, if we are talking about planning for the future. 

I also understand you got myFico itch, it happens when people find this forum.

People arrive with couple of cards, a few months later they have rocks in a backpack while trying to float in the water while putting Chase/US Bank cards as goal cards, when reality is, they won't be eligible for years.  

There will be  rewards cards in your future if you stop on time before myFicocitits takes full effect.

Instead of focusing on approvals (selective reading), browse through applications and you'll see plenty of "I got denied with 800!!!! Why? I only got 10 cards this year" 

While there are a few who can get away with that, most of us cannot. They tend to have businesses, lots of spend, lengthy history (clean or aged negative). 

Garden, use cards, pay, wash, rinse, repeat. If you base your rebuild on being a DP for the community, you'll also become a cautionary tale. 

Message 18 of 31
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I am not mad about advise, i use what i deem usable or prudent. Actually i am very slow and methodical even if it doesnt appear so lately. I am actually quite conservative and very plan oriented except lately when i got an itch after receiving a cli from cap 1 of 1500, approval for savor world elite no af 3k sl , and commenity mastercard no af, 1.5 cb, and 100 sub.

the majority of the cards in my siggy i had long before i posted on this forum.

I waited 9-10 months post bk7 dc to apply for any credit.

I took easily attainable low sl cards as many as in could in sept/oct 2020 with the following thoughts.

My scores were in the toilet so there was no such thing as doing something wrong at that point.

I wanted to get as many cards in a short period of time so that all those hp's would fall off at the same time.

I wanted to raise thhe number of accts paid satisfactorally so i flooded the zone.

in may i started getting invites for better cards and i took some so i have another batch of hp's from may, ot as many as 2020.

Recently i was offered 3 cards which are even a tier higher than anything i had previously, zero int bt, zero int for 12 mos, rewards, and subs, so for this and my recent BOA i have a few new hp's but only a few and for way better cards.

After just over a year of rebuild my tu9 is 698 and most of my fico's are in the good range 670's-680's.

my initial bunch of hp's are past 1 year and by next summer the second group are past 1 year and then by fall a bunch of hp's dissapear

EDIT - PS - I have an inquisitive mind, i ask lots of questions. I dont always act on info, im just curious. sometimes i post failures such as the BOA prequal to aid other people.

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 19 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

I also understand you got myFico itch, it happens when people find this forum.

People arrive with couple of cards, a few months later they have rocks in a backpack while trying to float in the water while putting Chase/US Bank cards as goal cards, when reality is, they won't be eligible for years.  

There will be  rewards cards in your future if you stop on time before myFicocitits takes full effect.

Instead of focusing on approvals (selective reading), browse through applications and you'll see plenty of "I got denied with 800!!!! Why? I only got 10 cards this year" 

While there are a few who can get away with that, most of us cannot. They tend to have businesses, lots of spend, lengthy history (clean or aged negative). 

Garden, use cards, pay, wash, rinse, repeat. If you base your rebuild on being a DP for the community, you'll also become a cautionary tale. 

Very valid points!

I just have a ? about that specific disorder. Although, I thought it was Ficocitis?  The one you mentioned may be more... ummmmm...a different one...ok well, anywho 😜 Is it treatable and/or curable? 🥴

Asking for a friend

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.