cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Cap on how many Chase cards you can have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a Cap on how many Chase cards you can have?

My fiancée originally had a Chase Freedom Card she had it for a little over 1 year then she got a pre approved offer for a Slate card in the mail so she took the offer and did a Balance Transfer but when she called in to accept the offer they gave her a hard time stating she already had a Chase card and so on.

Now she wants to get the Chase FU card with the $300 bonus but doesn't want an issue when applying due to having already 2 open credit cards with them. (Possibly 3 waiting to here back on a Chase Ink Cash Card for Business).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a Cap on how many Chase cards you can have?

Definitely not a limit on how many Chase cards you can have.  I personally have 4, my wife has 2.  I've seen forum members with just about every Chase card in the book.  I could Chase rejecting a second application if the first application was very recent, but this isn't the case as you mentioned she's had her Freedom card for a year, strange...

Oz

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah so we thought maybe Chase doesn't typically allow 2 cards with them but seeing you and others with multiple Chase cards gives us confidence.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first two cards with Chase two months apart too.  Freedom in Nov '14 and Marriott in Jan '15...

Oz

Message 4 of 9
yfan
Valued Contributor

OP, your issue wasn't about a limit on cards. It was about trying to transfer balance from one Chase card to another. In essence, you were borrowing from the same bank and then paying it back to the same bank.
Message 5 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

OP - You cannot do a BT within the same issuing bank..! (And, somewhere in the offer, in fine print, it probably stated that too..)

Is your Fiancé over 5/24?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't try to BT to the same bank it was from another bank the offer they sent was to do a BT.

No she's not over 5/24 so far she's at 3/24
Message 7 of 9
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Short answer- No.

Long answer- No.

My timeline (all chase approvals)- 8/16, 10/16, 12/16, 2/17

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt

I'm only saying this because I'm trying to be helpful but the  best course of action for you and your fiance is to stop applying for credit cards, whether they are personal or business.  You have stated that the two of you are having difficulties in paying the balances that you currently have, which in some cases, have very high utilization.  These  bonuses are not free and the last thing you need to be doing is adding more balances so that you can meet the spend requirement.  These  bonuses will be around in some form when you two are in better shape to meet these spend requirements and have the ability to pay them off.  Focus on whatever you can do to pay off the cards you have before adding more.  Again, only trying to be helpful

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.