cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a certain day of the or time of the year to a better chance of credit approvals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a certain day of the or time of the year to a better chance of credit approvals?

I am a person looking to find better odds in timing approvals. What is the great time of the year to get approved for a credit card? What is the best day of the week? Thank you.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Is there a certain day of the or time of the year to a better chance of credit approvals?

The time when one's credit report is fully optimized.

Weekend, Sunday, after business hours, etc. appears not to be optimal if it requires human intervention.
Message 2 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is there a certain day of the or time of the year to a better chance of credit approvals?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a person looking to find better odds in timing approvals. What is the great time of the year to get approved for a credit card? What is the best day of the week? Thank you.

@Anonymous, as mentioned upthread, when it comes to the lending environment, there really isn't a specific timeframe for you to land those odds.

It's not like UW gets laxed for a variety of lenders on a Friday evening after midnight for the odds of approval to improve, for instance.  This is all profile-specific, so the more your profile is optimized, the better the odds, whether it's around the holidays or on a lazy Sunday afternoon. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a couple of times on here that it's better to apply around noon on Tuesdays and Wednesdays..??? I don't know if I can find the posts

Message 4 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You dont have to worry about which day you apply as long as proper ritual to ward off evil spirits is performed 

You get some sage, lit it, walk around the revice you intend to use, while simultaneously fanning the smoke with metal card. 

It works every time 

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Pre 2020Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 16
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

You dont have to worry about which day you apply as long as proper ritual to ward off evil spirits is performed 

You get some sage, lit it, walk around the revice you intend to use, while simultaneously fanning the smoke with metal card. 

It works every time 

That only works if you go in a counter clockwise direction,  if you do clockwise it will be a denial. 

Lol

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It works every time 

That only works if you go in a counter clockwise direction,  if you do clockwise it will be a denial. 

Lol

Must walk widdershins... got it. 

Will an Apple Card do for metal card? I must know for my notes. 

In all seriousness though, if there was an exploitable time period for UW, we all would have heard about, abused, and killed it by now. 

Message 8 of 16
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

It works every time 

🔥 100% success rate

Message 9 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Never on a Friday near closing time if you might have a manual review. They ain't reviewing nuthin. They go with the computer. Recon is a coinflip. They might approve you to shut you up, or they'll just flat out deny to end the call. I've seen both happen.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.