Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a detox for apping?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a detox for apping?

I sure do need it.

I went on a mini-app spree.  Figured it wouldn't hurt since once the mortgage shows up, and I really wanted to take advantage of some good offers.

Sam's Club: $700.  I really wanted the Discover version, but I'll take what I can get.

Old Navy: $150CL (unbelievable but thats GEMB for ya) I called for a recon, CSR says it's based on my scores.  I told her my scores are better than ever.  I'll just wait it out.

Gap: $200 CL (The clothes are just a bit more pricey than Old Navy)

JCPenney: The declined me last year, approved for $200.  I've been getting DH's limit up and now he has Elite status.  I'm going to have to start charging him.  This is my new favorite store for the whole house.  I got some really good deals on window coverings not too long ago.

Rooms to Go: Declined, too many inq, but DH was approved for the 3k we needed for furniture.  Thanks to all my hard work

Kolh's: 400 CL ( I thought I would be declined)

Lowes: No response yet for me, but DH got $500 then he recon'ed and got $2500, I fed him the answers for the analyst.  Didn't want to get too greedy.

Chase Freedom: Declined, too many inq.  I'm thinking I didn't really want this, but worth a try.

Sears: DH declined for too many inq, and then I stopped

Not bad for some store cards.  I think I'm done.  I'd like one more Navy card, but I'll wait for the 1st one to season for a at least a year or so.

Thanks fellow threaders for all your advice this past year.  I've come a long way!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
angie204
Contributor

Re: Is there a detox for apping?

I hadn't applied for any credit at all in the last 12 months, due to wanting to buy a house.  We closed on the house ten days ago, got the keys and have been remodeling. 

Well about two days after we closed, I got to thinking that I needed "a" revolving line of credit, as I had none.  I think I app'd to 7 or 8 places...

Macy's - Declined (no good reason, just a bunch of random incorrect babbling on their denial)

Kay Jewelers - approved $4000

Local CU - approved $1000

Capital One - approved $1000 - $39 annual fee

Hooter's - "7 - 10 days"

Home Depot - "7 - 10 days"

Target - approved for a whopping $200

So now I'm hoping to get into "apping rehab."  It was really cool to hit submit all those times...but I guess I need to stop until next Halloween, LOL.  Thank goodness we have newer vehicles and have bought our house.  I think I'm going to lock all three reports to prevent myself from applying.

My Scores:
10/09: EQ 653, TU 656; 8/09 FICO Lender: EQ 652, TU 646, EX 659 10/11: EQ 672, TU 679 EXP Lender 680

Chapter 7 BK Discharged Aug 29, 2007.
Message 2 of 24
xchap
Contributor

I'm also a apping junkie i froze my credit file , as part of my recovery

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@xchap wrote:

+1  After 11 cards, I don't think I need anymore...especially after seeing my AAoA decrease to 2.5 years from 4.   I won't dare order my new FICO scores anytime soon.  I would like to think they are still, although may be, in the upper 700's.  

Message Edited by DI on 10-20-2009 04:24 PM
Message 4 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Stop reading the credit boards.
Message 5 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
Stop reading the credit boards.

If it was that easy. All my reports are frozen now.  I think the decrease in my AAoA really got me to not think about apping for credit.  CreditKarma is useful after all. 

Message 6 of 24
marty56
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@xchap wrote:

+1  After 11 cards, I don't think I need anymore...especially after seeing my AAoA decrease to 2.5 years from 4.   I won't dare order my new FICO scores anytime soon.  I would like to think they are still, although may be, in the upper 700's.  

Message Edited by DI on 10-20-2009 04:24 PM

You should pull your scores.  That would force home the idea of just saying no to so many credit apps.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You hit the natural detox or app prohibitor....it's called declines due to too many inquiries.  A few of those rejections will tend to set you straight (hopefully)  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 24
xchap
Contributor

yes already did got denied for a personal loan and pedfed CC. reason  : too many inquires+ high util.. over 50% 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Message 9 of 24
jdsays
Contributor

I need a detox too...getting approved gets me on a high and makes me think I need to apply again.....Im stopping I swear!  

But I do think this forum makes me want to apply for things I dont need once I see someone else got approved....I have no will power. 

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.