Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a gas card that will approve someone with 601-615 credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a gas card that will approve someone with 601-615 credit scores

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew of any gas cards that would approve someone that has credit scores of 601-615? My husband and I have been working on our credit over the past year. And we have just recently been getting approved for credit cards with small limits. We make sure to pay off the balances each month to help. We would like a gas card but dont want any hard inquiries happening if we don't get approved. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a gas card that will approve someone with 601-615 credit scores

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew of any gas cards that would approve someone that has credit scores of 601-615? My husband and I have been working on our credit over the past year. And we have just recently been getting approved for credit cards with small limits. We make sure to pay off the balances each month to help. We would like a gas card but dont want any hard inquiries happening if we don't get approved. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Are you looking for a specific store, like Shell, Marathon, etc? Or are you looking for a cashback card that works everywhere?

If it's the former, other people may be able to chime in. If it's the latter, I know that the Cap1 QS1 is for people that are rebuilding, but it does come with a small annual fee.

With your scores, I'm not 100% sure you are a "lock" for anything. Other people may have stronger, more solid advice, though.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Car Care Credit (Not to be confused with care credit also by Syncb)

It's a gas card that works at all gas stations and many car repair places, dealers, tire places...

My score was somewhere between 600-650 FICO when approved.

Car Care Credit

Message 3 of 9
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

The Sync Chevron gas cards are not hard to get.

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have the Pep Boys Car Care One and as i was rebuilding my scores were higher and it still took some work to get so ill say its not super easy to get, no clue on the Chevron card. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your HP for applying and getting declined will remain on your credit report(s) for two years. No creditor that I know of takes back the HP if your declined.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the feedback. Very helpful. I can't wait to get my scores up so I have better chances at things. We arent looking for any specific one, just any 1 that we may be approved for. My husband and I married when I was 16. We were not guided very well, or taught about credit. So the first half of our marriage we ruined our credit. It took so long for us to learn how to even budget. So now we have went from a 498.... Yes, a 498. Smh. To recently hitting the very low 600's, in the past 10 months. My children have been taught all about the importance of credit and knowing how to be responsible with finances. They have high 700's right now, at 24yrs and 20yrs old. Anyhow, thank you for all the help.

Have a great day 😁
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you live on the East Coast and there is a Wawa or Sheetz near you, they both have gas cards and I don't believe they're too difficult to get. 

Message 8 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I was denied Sheetz but approved for Marathon. I regret getting a gas card because it really had no benefit other than helping my rebuild. I wish I had skipped it and just waited for a better major card. Marathon is a Comenity card.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.