cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason why not many people here talk about barclays?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there a reason why not many people here talk about barclays?

They've done fine by me.  I have an Apple card which I've used to get 0% on a couple of large Apple purchases.  And I have a Wyndham earner card which came with a nice signup bonus.  They also offered me an additional 60K points for $3K spend late last year.  I don't use their cards much otherwise, but they don't seem too annoyed about being in the sock drawer.  I have lots of other cards and that doesn't seem to have affected how they treat me.

But yeah, their products are pretty middle of the road for earning and benefits.  Every once in a while they come out with a unicorn product, but it doesn't last very long.  I think Uber 4% lasted about a year?  They don't get as much hype as Amex and Chase, partly because their products aren't as competetive and partly because they probably don't spend nearly as much on marketing.

Message 31 of 32
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a reason why not many people here talk about barclays?

I know there are a few conversations going on here but wanted to add my .02....

When FOTM's were huge (I think ~2017-18 & when I was incredibly active on this forum Smiley Very Happy ), they were offering the Uber Card--which, despite how many TL's I had, they approved me for--but almost immediately turned around and nerfed it.  I was a few years out of college and really liked the 4% at bars/restaurants in cash back [might've been 3%], so much so that I even referred 3 friends to it;  all were approved and used it heavily, then stopped with the nerf.

Since then, no interest.  I keep the Uber card open with a $5-10 purchase every 6 months or so, but to me it's a dead TL.  Barclays is just kinda..... meh.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.