cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a rewards credit-card that debits from my existing bank-account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a rewards credit-card that debits from my existing bank-account?

I read a few comments asking why would I want this feature. I like to monitor my daily transactions, and not be surprised by the charges when the monthly statement is arrives. Maybe I'm just a control-freak! 

Message 11 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I read a few comments asking why would I want this feature. I like to monitor my daily transactions, and not be surprised by the charges when the monthly statement is arrives. Maybe I'm just a control-freak! 

If that is more important to you than other factors, then you could consider just using your debit card instead of credit. IMO if you're surprised by your charges at the end of the month there's a chance you're spending more than you want to, which is easier to do with credit cards. Maybe debit would just work better for you and your finances and that's ok too.

Message 12 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You can always get an Amex with the pay it/plan it feature. You can pay off a charge from the app immediately after. You're allowed to make 5 payments a day. If you need to make a bigger purchase, you can plan it and spread it out over a few months  

Message 13 of 16
zerofire
Valued Contributor

If you are freaking out about your monthly bill that shows that you have an issue with planning. Weather that is by planning how much you wish to spend or planning the cash flow so you have enough to pay. It sounds like you might not be a good candidate for a credit card. As a fellow control freak I can say it is way better to just be able to look at a separate statement online of my charges. Now I do know Green Dot has a Debit card that has 3% back for whatever it is worth. The catch is that they only give you it under certain terms and once a year. In the end you have to question if you trust them which most of use would not.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In the beginning, I used to pay my charges right away. Once I got more experienced with credit and budgeting, my payment behavior changed. You do what works for you.

Do you have a bank or credit union with credit card products? Having one online portal to view transactions, available funds, making payments could be a compromise in what you seek.

Message 15 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Maybe I misread the original post, but I cant see where OP asked for a lecture on their payment habits.

To chastise someone because the like to pay as soon as charges post and suggest credit is not for them, it's plain silly.

If they dont care about floating charges, or this is what they need in order to properly budget, so be it.

Also, if OP had issues with planning as it's being suggested, they would slap a bunch of charges and worry how to pay them later.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.