cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there still a chance?

tag
matt5566

Is there still a chance?

I recently got a pre approval in the mail for a capital one platinum card. The day before it came I applied for and got a capital one secured card. I applied for the platinum card, and was denied. The reason for denial is: "Based on your application information, there is a currently pending or recently processed application with capital one." Is there still a chance I can get the card if I call them and discuss it with them? I've heard of this working for other people. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there still a chance?

It is always worth a phone call for something like this!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Give the EO a buzz tomorrow morning.

Message 3 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@matt5566 wrote:
I recently got a pre approval in the mail for a capital one platinum card. The day before it came I applied for and got a capital one secured card. I applied for the platinum card, and was denied. The reason for denial is: "Based on your application information, there is a currently pending or recently processed application with capital one." Is there still a chance I can get the card if I call them and discuss it with them? I've heard of this working for other people. Thanks

Yes call them

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would email the Exec Office... don't call just plain customer service.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.