Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there such a thing as Amex loyalty

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Is there such a thing as Amex loyalty

@red259 wrote:

I have seen in the past that people claim that amex will be a bit more lenient with established amex clients. I was wondering what epxeriences people have had where they felt their relationship helped them out in a situation with amex? Also, how long do you believe you need to be a member with Amex before they start factoring in your relationship with them if this is indeed the case? 

I guess it also depends on the situation.  I am MSD 1987, but with the OBC, I got shutdown the same as those with MSD 2014!

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bz386 wrote:

What you call "loyalty", Amex calls "internal credit score". All you are to any bank is a number. The only difference between a new and an established customer is that Amex knows more about you, so they can make more informed decisions.

But... I thought we were friends. Cat Sad

Message 12 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@bz386 wrote:

What you call "loyalty", Amex calls "internal credit score". All you are to any bank is a number.

I kind of agree with them. if you want to test your loyalty. its pretty simple. go to a strip club and get a cash advance on your amex. im sure you will be shut down faster than usain bolt in a steroid olympic run.

Really doubt that.  At most the transaction would be declined (assuming of course the strip club took Amex)

Most strip clubs do take amex by the way. they just call it larrys flower shop on the description.

Message 13 of 34
Goblin
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bz386 wrote:

What you call "loyalty", Amex calls "internal credit score". All you are to any bank is a number. The only difference between a new and an established customer is that Amex knows more about you, so they can make more informed decisions.

But... I thought we were friends. Cat Sad

Not after you called that guy a perfect gentleman for bringing his girl to chipotle for valentines day!  Smiley LOL

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 14 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I have seen in the past that people claim that amex will be a bit more lenient with established amex clients. I was wondering what epxeriences people have had where they felt their relationship helped them out in a situation with amex? Also, how long do you believe you need to be a member with Amex before they start factoring in your relationship with them if this is indeed the case? 

I guess it also depends on the situation.  I am MSD 1987, but with the OBC, I got shutdown the same as those with MSD 2014!

In all honesty you did say what you were doing though and admitted to it.. So can't compare loyalty to this particular situation.  They had every reason to do what they did and you admitted that as well.. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's OBC?

Message 16 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

In all honesty you did say what you were doing though and admitted to it.. So can't compare loyalty to this particular situation.  They had every reason to do what they did and you admitted that as well.. Smiley Happy

What cc. You back to seedling again. Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 34
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What's OBC?

I guess it's original blue cash. 

Message 18 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@red259 wrote:

What cc. You back to seedling again. Smiley Happy 

Only a seedling for another weekSmiley Happy....  Haven't fallen out of garden since my ED approval 1/16.

Message 19 of 34
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

To me i think banks have no loyalty to their customers, I feel the same way towards banks. Banks are out there where they can make the most money, i think right now that way is buy getting new customers to signup for an new card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.