Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there such a thing as QS WMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there such a thing as QS WMC?

I am curious if this is a card somebody has. On my cap1 online profile, it says QS1, when I call, CSR says QS, and my card agreement has no AF.

I am wondering if they are sending me a WMC QS ( I inherited this account from householdbank, which was an MC), but is QS WMC actually a real thing?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
One2spooku
Valued Member

Re: Is there such a thing as QS WMC?

Yup,

I've got one. I missed out on the cool shiney logo, they changed the card design. It is however a QS WMC.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is World MasterCard for Quicksilver, see this. Photos at page 2.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My old QS and now a grandfathered Savor, was a WEMC.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

kool, thanks

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started out with a Cap1 Platinum...the second to the worst card you could get.  It was a normal Master Card.  I immediately traveled around Europe with it.  Several months after I returned I combined it with my QS and PC’d it to the V1.  As of now it is a V1 WMC with the silver logo.

I tell myself it’s because I’m a world traveler, but If that’s true I better go somewhere soon before they take away my fancy logo.

Edit: “the” = “ they”

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't they change the QS (at least for new apps) to Visa Signature? Or is it just some of them?

I got a QS about the middle of this year, and it is a Visa rather than a MC.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't they change the QS (at least for new apps) to Visa Signature? Or is it just some of them?

I got a QS about the middle of this year, and it is a Visa rather than a MC.

IDK, I was originally approved on the MC network way before cap1 took over household bank credit cards. I have been on MC ever since. So I don't know if this new card will switch me from MC to VISA.

I should have the card in a few days, I will let you know.

Message 8 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am curious if this is a card somebody has. On my cap1 online profile, it says QS1, when I call, CSR says QS, and my card agreement has no AF.

I am wondering if they are sending me a WMC QS ( I inherited this account from householdbank, which was an MC), but is QS WMC actually a real thing?

Yes, I had one and then pc'd to the Savor. At onetime QS were MC then went back to Visa.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a total confus-er!

Got the card, but here is the thing, design is totally confusing:

• I called cap 1, CSR confirm its a QS, not QS1, 1.5% cash back, no AF.
  • Card front design is QS1
  • Back is Platinum MC, not WMC, or WEMC.

IMG_20181221_142032.jpgIMG_20181221_142146.jpg

I guess Cap 1 doesn't know how to deal with my history with the card, lol. All it seems to say, is the network is fixed, I got the card way before cap 1 took over and it was a platinum MC, so it is still a platinum MC.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.