Is there such a thing as QS WMC?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Is there such a thing as QS WMC?

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a total confus-er!

Got the card, but here is the thing, design is totally confusing:

• I called cap 1, CSR confirm its a QS, not QS1, 1.5% cash back, no AF.
  • Card front design is QS1
  • Back is Platinum MC, not WMC, or WEMC.

IMG_20181221_142032.jpgIMG_20181221_142146.jpg

I guess Cap 1 doesn't know how to deal with my history with the card, lol. All it seems to say, is the network is fixed, I got the card way before cap 1 took over and it was a platinum MC, so it is still a platinum MC.

More than once over the last few years I had a Capital One CSR refer to a Venture One as a "Venture" and a QS1 as a "Quicksilver".  When I would ask for clarification they would correct themselves.  Smiley Indifferent

The only difference between a QS1 and a QS is the annual fee, so as long as there isn't one I wouldn't worry too much about the plastic card having "One" on it.  If an AF is still there, though, that's a different story.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just put a tape over "One", problem solved.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. That is weird. I wonder why they have so many different types for one (two) cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

Or, choose your own design, and get the standard numbers-on-front card with whatever image or design you like.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update. That is weird. I wonder why they have so many different types for one (two) cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

Or, choose your own design, and get the standard numbers-on-front card with whatever image or design you like.

thers is restrictions and you need to declare ownship of the image you are using. obviously any capital one credit card design should not be eligible.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I'm confused!  I just got the V1 that was upgraded from the Platinum.  What is the fancy logo you guys are talking about?  My V1 is WMC.  I has passport looking stamps all over it.  Is there a different style of card or is this it?

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now I'm confused!  I just got the V1 that was upgraded from the Platinum.  What is the fancy logo you guys are talking about?  My V1 is WMC.  I has passport looking stamps all over it.  Is there a different style of card or is this it?

Platinum is both a Capital One product as well as a V/MV network level.

For example, I have a Savor that is a Platinum (network level) MasterCard. 

It can get confusing at times.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.