cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there way to see the Amex signup offer associated with your account online?

tag
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

Is there way to see the Amex signup offer associated with your account online?

I'm trying to find out if there's a page or section of the American Express online account interface where I can see the details of the bonus offer I was given when I was approved for my Amex accounts.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, checked the emails they've sent me, checked in the account information they sent with my cards and I can't see that information anywhere.  I've also searched both this board and on Google but it's a hard question to search for because all of the words are common and the search results aren't very useful.

I've also seen many reports of people who didn't get the bonus that they thought they were getting which would lead me to believe that it's not visible anywhere in the interface but the interface has a lot of nooks and crannies so it may just not be easy to find.

I know I could call or chat with Amex to find this out but I've already communicated with them serveral time in my first week and don't want to do it again again because I know they keep notes of some or all communications and I don't want to look like a pest.

Thanks.

Edit: For clarification I'm not looking for where or when the bonus points appear after the bonus spend is met I'm trying to find an online record of what my requirements are to get my bonus. Sorry for any ambiguity.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Is there way to see the Amex signup offer associated with your account online?

@Ubuntu wrote:

I'm trying to find out if there's a page or section of the American Express online account interface where I can see the details of the bonus offer I was given when I was approved for my Amex accounts.

I've looked everywhere I can think of, checked the emails they've sent me, checked in the account information they sent with my cards and I can't see that information anywhere.  I've also searched both this board and on Google but it's a hard question to search for because all of the words are common and the search results aren't very useful.

I've also seen many reports of people who didn't get the bonus that they thought they were getting which would lead me to believe that it's not visible anywhere in the interface but the interface has a lot of nooks and crannies so it may just not be easy to find.

I know I could call or chat with Amex to find this out but I've already communicated with them serveral time in my first week and don't want to do it again again because I know they keep notes of some or all communications and I don't want to look like a pest.

Thanks.

If I recall its first or second statement where your bonus posts,don't quote me on that though 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 6
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there way to see the Amex signup offer associated with your account online?

I confirmed my offers with them via chat. I dont think it shows up anywhere online. 

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 3 of 6
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

I really don't know of any card that tells you what your bonus or sign-up offer is online.

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

I really don't know of any card that tells you what your bonus or sign-up offer is online.

And many don't offline either.  This is why people tell you to take a screenshot of an offer you  apply for (and few of us do!).  Citi for example, in the paper that comes with the card,  uses words like "Unless  you are responding to an offer with different terms, you will earn 1 point per...."  And nothing to indicate whether or not you were responding to such an offer.

Message 5 of 6
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

And many don't offline either.  This is why people tell you to take a screenshot of an offer you  apply for (and few of us do!).  Citi for example, in the paper that comes with the card,  uses words like "Unless  you are responding to an offer with different terms, you will earn 1 point per...."  And nothing to indicate whether or not you were responding to such an offer.

I'm normally pretty good about recording things but I wasn't paying very close attention the day I applied.  I stiill have the mailer with the offer details for my PRG so I'm certain of the bonus and requirements on that one.  Right after I was approved for the PRG I apped for a BCP though an offer on their website which was definitely better than the standard offer and between being thrilled with the PRG approval and nervous about the BCP I spaced on record keeping. I'm not worried about it too much even if I were to get nothing on the BCP, which I doubt, I'd still be quite happy with the situation.

I was mainly just surprised that I can't find any mention of the details anywhere in email or online for either account.  I can think of a few reasons why they wouldn't display the details but none of them really hold water as they're actively trying to give these offers away.  Considering the level of detail they provide on purcahses it seems like an odd thing to omit but who am I to judge the credit gods.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.