Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good MR redemption?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Is this a good MR redemption?

it's average for flights, but domestic flights aren't good use of points, international trips you would've have gotten much more. Amex to Aeroplan to fly United 75k points from Florida to Japan/Korea/Vietnam ticket price around $2,800 in the summer.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have 100k MR points. Any suggestiveness for bookings? Looking for something first or business with the best value. Pretty much open to any travel to a decent destination.

I think you did pretty well for domestic travel. If the price you gave was per ticket, then you did rather well. I have used 25k alaska miles on an $800 domestic flight. So, it's possible the prices you gave were per ticket. If so, that is about 3 cents per point.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

yea book a brother up for a ticket to Vietnam in May 75k points will offer 1.33 cpm lol jk =)

@Dustink wrote:

I have 100k MR points. Any suggestiveness for bookings? Looking for something first or business with the best value. Pretty much open to any travel to a decent destination.

I think you did pretty well for domestic travel. If the price you gave was per ticket, then you did rather well. I have used 25k alaska miles on an $800 domestic flight. So, it's possible the prices you gave were per ticket. If so, that is about 3 cents per point.

Message 13 of 17
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

yea book a brother up for a ticket to Vietnam in May 75k points will offer 1.33 cpm lol jk =)

@Dustink wrote:

Sorry, those points cost me $450. Now I have to suffer through a year of airport lounges and reimbursements..haha

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

that's 

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Sorry, those points cost me $450. Now I have to suffer through a year of airport lounges and reimbursements..haha

that's not $450 that's $997.50 =x

Message 15 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

So I checked out British airways and tried to do a flight search from msy to tul and kept getting error message. Am I doing something wrong?

I purchase a lot of tickets from msy to tul round trip throughout the year, for my daughter to fly to her dads it would be nice to use points for some of these flights.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 17
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

The avios calculator only works by segment. So if the flight is MSY to TUL direct, it should work. But if it connects anywhere, you need to book each segment. That's why I showed you MSY-->DFW, then DFW-->TUL. 4500 avios per segment. I usually use the aa website first to figure out my route (and confirm available tix), then check BA using the exact route on the day I'm looking for.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.