cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a one in a million credit card problem?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a one in a million credit card problem?

8 days in. Investigation complete. The verdict is: BANK OF AMERICA IS A JOKE.

Tried dealing with a  branch rep for a couple of days who basically told me they were giving her the run around and I should do it myself. The only new information she was able to give me was that my account cannot be re opened. I have to re apply for a new credit card, and my current account has been account has been turned over to the debt settlement company. 

But wait, there's more- It was a secured card which means I get my deposit back right? Not so much. No explanation, they just can't do it at this time.

And the documentation I have been asking for since last week. They can't find it.

So here I am once again, waiting on hold for nothing to happen.

Anyone doing business with Bank of America take this as a warning. They are fine when things are great, but once there is an issue, all they care about is protecting the margins of their individual department. Instead of working with each other to find solutions they pass the customer off to different departments making the complex issues someone elses problem.

Shame on you Bofa.

Message 11 of 48
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I didn't think they could be as bad as I heard. I was somewhat warned about how they operate lately (and not just when things aren't perfect).  At least it's not just because you were working with a secured card. I'm talking about a 15k (sig card) perfect history with them (through 4 cards over over a nearly 20 year time span, probably before they were called "Bank Of America").  I hope that makes you feel less singled out by them as it's doesn't matter what standing or CS you have with them. If you're not a multi-million dollar corporation, they just don't give their best effort.

I wish we would  have looked elsewhere, having been with them before we didn't expect problems. Guess they've gotten worse over time.

At least they haven't put anything erroneous on our reports (YET). Card is always paid on time, open etc but can't use it (I don't think anyway, haven't tried) since we can't get through to do anything online anymore. No CA involved or anything, BofA messed ours up on their own (no assistance required lol).

I now warn people that BofA is not very organized, nor do they care about their consumer level customers, no matter their score or net worth etc. It's best to just avoid them, in doing so, a lot of potential headaches may be avoided.

In your case I'd suggest contacting your states attorney generals office with whatever documentation you have and filing a complaint. Sometimes that works, not sure about how well when it comes to BofA (they practically own a chunk of the government) but couldn't hurt I'd guess. Someone usually jumps up to do something when they get a call or letter from an AG's office.

[EDIT] We were finally able to get the account issue with BoA figured out.  Only took them 3 times saying they were taking the hold off the account to actually do it. It's back to normal (for now). So far promo rates, etc all stayed intact.  It shouldn't take more than one call to get an issue corrected, but with BoA it's sometimes the norm.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 48
quest208
Frequent Contributor

someone needs to get sued. 

i wish Bofa would refuse to give me back my money.  they'd be sitting on a federal complaint.

i wish you luck, something fishy is definitely happening....

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 13 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. just got a letter today from BofA saying they are closing my account becuase I enrolled in a debt settlement program. After spending 2 hours on the phone, the credit guy I spoke with said they recieved a request on 12/7/11 from modern money mechanics on my behalf. I have credit of 750+ all accounts in good standing.. Scary..

Message 14 of 48
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wouldn't the good people at Bank of America have to do some work to validate that this letter is legit before closing you down ???   Did you have any Hard of Soft pulls over the last few weeks ??   Bizarre....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 48
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

This is some weird stuff right here. How much secured deposit did you put down? I wouldn't give up I would keep calling and calling until you find the right person
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 16 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

This is extremely weird. I'd be blowing a head gasket in one of their branches ASAP!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 48
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Wondering since you are not getting your money refunded to you if your money is being directed over to the debt management company?

Something you may want to check into since you can not find any information on this company name they gave you. Hopefully you find some type of resolution for this but I know I wouldn't settle for just accepting they closed my accounts and not refunding me my money!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 18 of 48
learnin113
Established Contributor

Wait a minute, did this happen to 2 separate posters???Smiley Surprised Are you serious?  Shouldn't BBBs and attorney generals be contacted here?

Message 19 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would be in one of their branches demanding to speak to a manager about it in person.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.