Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this an Amex upgrade offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this an Amex upgrade offer?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious, do you still hold the Amex BCE apped on 03/18? If so then just "upgrade" that to the BCP. Should have the offer if you click on upgrade? If not, then i would suggest PCing Magnet to the BCE, then upgrading to the BCP. 

BTW, that is definitely a lot of apps in the past year!

Here I was thinking my 5-6 HPs and 6 new accounts were high. Smiley Surprised

I canceled that card before I even got it. Long story short, I didn't know better and when Disco gave me a $7500 approval when my highest card was $6250 and SSFCU gave me $5K, I lost interest when Amex approved new for $1K and called and canceled it. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. 

I won't PC my Cash Magnet because I just got it in June and don't want to run afoul of any rules with regard to taking the SUB. I figured an upgrade offer would be totally acceptable but there have been some really nasty DPs with PCing cards before a year. 

I will just wait. It's not a high priority. Disco is undoubtedly going to have groceries in 1Q again and that will give me 5% until April and my current garden path is only until February when I hit a year with DCU and they'll consider a CLI for me. 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever u do imo I wouldn't ever use a hp to try for a DCU CLI. Ymmv. But I wasted a few last year before I knew better. One representative basically told me don't app unless pre approved. I'm still at 3k with DCU. Not that it's low just I've had card almost 18 months with same limit. Good luck.
I'm in same boat recent high approval sl with CC's. In turn DISCO won't budge and my 2 synchrony seem to be stuck at 6k. I figured after getting new cards this may happen. But I'd rather have 4-5 banks with good limits than 1-2 with great limits.
Message 22 of 27
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

If you just got the Cash Magnet in June of this year then you can't upgrade it until the 1 year mark.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Whatever u do imo I wouldn't ever use a hp to try for a DCU CLI. Ymmv. But I wasted a few last year before I knew better. One representative basically told me don't app unless pre approved. I'm still at 3k with DCU. Not that it's low just I've had card almost 18 months with same limit. Good luck.
I'm in same boat recent high approval sl with CC's. In turn DISCO won't budge and my 2 synchrony seem to be stuck at 6k. I figured after getting new cards this may happen. But I'd rather have 4-5 banks with good limits than 1-2 with great limits.

DCU called me when I applied for one earlier this month and she told me that when my account has been open for a year and I have stopped adding new credit, they'll entertain the idea of an increase. Seeing how I'm only at $1K, I'm sure if I hit the garden I'll get something. Their concern is my BK and how many new accounts I've acquired. I probably won't take another HP for it but regardless my profile will strengthen and I might get a SP preapproval in February. If I don't, my BK will be gone from TU in February (going to call for EE, drops naturally in August) so I'll definitely be out of the garden anyway. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Felony_Phil wrote:
If you just got the Cash Magnet in June of this year then you can't upgrade it until the 1 year mark.

Yes that's what I had always heard. I'll just grab BCP in February. I need to snag some SUBs next time I'm out of the garden to make up for the $392 I am having to spend to get the water heater fixed and I have been wanting another grocery card anyway. Kind of not wanting to throw away any more HPs on NFCU so Amex it is. 

Message 25 of 27
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Surprised you got the Savor card with that many new apps/ accounts. A lot of people with great scores have recently been denied due to too many inq. Also remember that if you are pre- approved on AX site for a card it is a SP only. I have never been declined for an AX card with a pre-approval or upgrade offer showing.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:
Surprised you got the Savor card with that many new apps/ accounts. A lot of people with great scores have recently been denied due to too many inq. Also remember that if you are pre- approved on AX site for a card it is a SP only. I have never been declined for an AX card with a pre-approval or upgrade offer showing.

I have a decent relationship with Capital One. That QS in my signature hit 5 years in March and considering it started as a Platinum at $300 and has grown to $8250, I would say Capital One has been very happy with the relationship. They were the first lender to give me a chance after my BK and I was very loyal to them until I got new cards in March of last year. The approval did shock me though. I had a prequal for all of their cards less than two weeks before I actually applied but the prequal went away because my new B&H card was already reporting and I got instantly approved for the SavorOne with a $10K SL anyway. I was 8/24 at the time and trust me, everyone was shocked. 

As for AMEX, there are multiple members who have gotten HPs for every card they opened with them. I don't believe that I will be one of them since my BCP denial earlier this month before they updated my score was a SP but I don't care about HPs either way. I dropped my AAoA under 2 years with my last spree on EX and while I actually didn't take a score penalty for it, it's a personal threshold. Besides my Rewards+ has yet to report and that's going to be another month or two chopped off. Since I got a Miles anyway which means 3% on everything after match, I'm not really in a big hurry. If I come across an offer higher than $300, I'll step out of the garden and go for it but I also don't want to chance another $1K approval. I don't think AMEX is going to let me get an immediate 3X CLI like they did with the Magnet. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.