Did you mean: 

Is this good for starting off?

tag
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

Re: Is this good for starting off?

@bichonmom wrote:

@spengbab wrote:

Hey guys, I just recently found these forums out. I love the myFICO service! 

I wanted to ask if these were good cards to start out with. I started in January and stopped today. This is my "spree" Smiley Tongue not gonna get any more cards after this for sure...

AMEX Zync

Barclaycard (Apple Financing) - 1400 CL
Firestone CFNA - 1000 CL

Chase Freedom - 500 CL

Discover More Card - TBD

Thanks!

Congrats! You've done well. Definitely garden for at least 6 months. Barclay's is notorious for closing accts or taking AA when you open too many accts. Definitely keep reporting balances low (if not zero), so if they soft you maybe they won't take AA.

Seriously if they want to take AA against me - go ahead. What are they gonna do, raise my APR? I don't care, I PIF. Raise it to 1000% if you want to.

CLD me? Ok, I'll close the account, it's my lowest CL other than my Amazon card, so no skin off my nose. And close it? Ok, no biggie to me.

Barclay's really doesn't scare me. I am NOT going to live my life in fear of what some stupid CCC might think. I can't see the sense of that.

Honestly I could lose ALL these cards, and what's the big deal anyway? My only fear would be having my debit card stolen and my account drained so I might go to all cash then. But I'd live, just fine to be honest. I got by for years with a debit card only. I think people are FAR too willing to let these companies control your existance which they will very happily do if you let them. Not me. Do what you gotta do, and I will too. It's a business relationship, not the meaning of life.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 11 of 12
spengbab
Regular Contributor

Re: Is this good for starting off?

Nice words there Lillo. I don't think anyone should live in fear for CCCs. But the reality is that if anyone wants to do business these days they HAVE to have a good credit score. Which is why I'm so paranoid about it right now. Which is a good thing because you know I won't rack up debt Smiley Happy

Anyway, Discover said my app was pending so I called them. They just wanted my housing status asked if I would pay off the balance every month or carry a balance. Got approved for a 2K limit.

Not bad I would say. In a day I raised my total available credit from 2400 to 4900. And now I have pretty prime cards other than the firestone one.

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.