cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your Amex activated? Are you sure? Are you really really sure?

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is your Amex activated? Are you sure? Are you really really sure?

jaybird201 wrote:
Haha! I was going to say, improper fractions seem to be a recurring theme on these boards. Smiley Tongue

It's time to bring out the old Ogden Nash then..

"The only way I can distinguish proper from improper fractions is by their actions."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 21
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Me too! I even save the stickers!

LOL

I confess, I save them too. I stick them back in the area the card was glued to.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree-
Only my First AMEX was activated by phone-

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Why would they have an option to activate online, but not acknowledge it?

Truly, they get a little odder each and every day. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 21
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

My first AMEX was activated online just like this one, less than 3 months ago. That went through just fine.

I had online bill pay through my bank set up. I had four or five charges. I paid it twice. I had called a few weeks ago about dropping the DGF as AU. And nobody ever said it was not activated. How much would they have let me charge in the past two months?

I'm so happy that was the problem, and nothing else. I got to experience the dreaded Authorization Declined and lived. Hope I never have to see it again.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaysdad2k wrote:
I got to experience the dreaded Authorization Declined and lived. Hope I never have to see it again.

well, if you do, you knew the score ahead of time. amex is starting to look like
HSBC to me, shady.

if I ever get declined for no apparent reason while trying to use any card (it's never happened before thank god) I will never ever use that card in public ever again and it will be wayyyyyyy deep in the sock drawer. once bitten twice shy

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 07-24-2008 08:31 PM
Message 15 of 21
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Me too! I even save the stickers!

LOL

I confess, I save them too. I stick them back in the area the card was glued to.

Exactly!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 21
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

I dn't get it.  If everyone would quit trying to play games with AMEX the system would work fine.  I've literally charged thousands of items on AMEX over the years, paid on line and, at AMEX offices around the world (before the internet), and have never had a problem.  The AMEX card is there to help your life.  Don't make it difficult on yourself.  If you don't have a real need for AMEX just stay with other cards.  AMEX is a grown up card.  
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:
AMEX is a grown up card.  

and the condescending award of the month goes to.....
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really like the tone of this message-

So you have had a Amex since I was 8 years old- BFD

Watchmann wrote:
I dn't get it.  If everyone would quit trying to play games with AMEX the system would work fine.  I've literally charged thousands of items on AMEX over the years, paid on line and, at AMEX offices around the world (before the internet), and have never had a problem.  The AMEX card is there to help your life.  Don't make it difficult on yourself.  If you don't have a real need for AMEX just stay with other cards.  AMEX is a grown up card.  

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
if I ever get declined for no apparent reason while trying to use any card (it's never happened before thank god) I will never ever use that card in public ever again and it will be wayyyyyyy deep in the sock drawer. once bitten twice shy

Lucky you. Smiley Wink BoA denied me at Walmart once. (Yeah, Walmart.) At least it was in front of a former co-worker and good friend, and not some stranger thinking I was an idiot for not managing my money properly.

After swiping my Discover, I immediately called BoA and gave them a harsh you-are-so-not-my-friend talk. Smiley Mad Except for using it to get my specs, the card is now in my sock drawer gathering dust.

@Watchmann wrote:
AMEX is a grown up card.

And so is almost every other credit card in existence. The day a 9-year-old can open an account with a CCC is the day I chop up my Discover. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.