Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Wells Fargo

tag
Cranski
Valued Member

Issues with Wells Fargo

I've had a secured Well Fargo Credit Card for 13 months. Last month they mid cycle updated when I used it to charge $580 our of $600 for the insurance protection. I paid it to $0 on time. I decided to wait for the cycle to update normally, as I'm wanting to find some auto financing.

I wrote to verify what my update date would be and was told 7/18/2012.

So it's 7/21/2012 and I got the day to go app-o-rama, I got my three reports. The card still has the same amount from last month.

I wrote the bank again, after the auto respone, and second email I got a repersentative that said we updated it, we will not be able

to update it again till 8/18/2012. You can purchase your reports.... blah blah.

Did they use snail mail to update my report perhaps. The repersentative said to dispute, giving 5 credit bureau's contact information for usps.

Is this just customer no service, or do I really have to go and wait for the dispute process to go through online, In a week or so.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Issues with Wells Fargo

It can take time for the update to get into the CRA's databases.

I know, I know: I even have worked in lenders in their infrastructure groups, and I don't understand it as there's certainly no technical limitation, but it's there unfortunately.

Check again in a few days via Credit Karma or whatever since TU is usually the last of many people's reports to update.

        
Message 2 of 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Unfortunately your at the mercy of the bureaus and when they can update it. Usually if they send it though the E-OSCAR system it updates quickly, but TU is very very slow with updates lately, often taking up to 2 weeks to update compared to EX / EQ.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 4
Cranski
Valued Member

I figured as much. It is probably cheaper for WF.

I just like how they mid-cycle the balance the day after the charge is made, but when the shoe

goes on the other foot...

I haven't liked the service very much anyway, I want wachovia back.

Thanks for the replies. Long time forum gawker, first time poster Smiley Happy

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.