cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It Finally Happened!! A Pre-Approved Offer in the Mail!

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: It Finally Happened!! A Pre-Approved Offer in the Mail!

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! And congrats on your willpower lol  It is a great card, but if you already have a 2% card, there’s really no reason to add the DC. 

Hi Pink,

I like Redundancy , so I have (2) DC Smiley Very Happy

come to think of it, I also have (2) Disco it's

I have seen several siggy's with "Twins"Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! And congrats on your willpower lol  It is a great card, but if you already have a 2% card, there’s really no reason to add the DC. 

Hi Pink,

That seems odd, but hey! To each their own Heart If that makes you happy, then that's awesome! I guess it's not too odd since I have 2 cards that essentially do that same thing lol. One just has a WAY higher credit limit than the other one. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 22 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Hi Pink,

That seems odd, but hey! To each their own Heart If that makes you happy, then that's awesome! I guess it's not too odd since I have 2 cards that essentially do that same thing lol. One just has a WAY higher credit limit than the other one. 

some cards have Limits to Rotating Quarters, hence Discover it

I ended up with Two Citi DC cards, One used to Be Diamond Preferred, but it ran out of balance transfer and perks,

so i product changed it to a 2nd DC, hey, if one gets Fraud, it is like having a spare keySmiley Happy

I actually thought of Changing it to a Citi "Dividend Card", which you cannot Apply for, only Currently Available for Product Change

to existing Customers after one year age on a card.

Citi Dividend has 5% Rotating Categories.

I also have The Chase Freedom, same Thing 5% rotating Categories. (Currently Gas)

some 5% Rotating Category Cards have Capped Limits. and some people can Max Those Quarters (like Gas & PayPal),

That is where a second (Duplicate) card comes in.

Message 23 of 24
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:
I actually thought of Changing it to a Citi "Dividend Card", which you cannot Apply for, only Currently Available for Product Change to existing Customers after one year age on a card. Citi Dividend has 5% Rotating Categories.

First I've heard of this card. Interesting ... I have a Citi secured I'll be PCing next year when it graduates. I had been thinking I'd PC it to DC, but this Dividend Card sounds like a potential option. Though, looking at the 2019 calendar for 5%, I notice the categories are often more specific than Discover's rotating 5% categories ... examples include "fitness clubs," "Best Buy", pharmacies, rental cars. I don't have prescriptions, pay about $30/month to my fitness club and don't rent cars very often so the only one of those I could get any signficant value out of would be if I timed a large purchase at Best Buy like a fridge for the 5% quarter. I think DC will probably be better for how I spend money, but good to know about options like this.

OP, I've had times of my life when I got lot of mailed offers like that, and other times when I got none ... I never cared one way or the other. When I got them, I threw them in the trash. When I didn't get them, I didn't notice. I never paid attention to my credit score, but I know in retrospect when it was higher or lower and generally why (when I had car loans and mortgages, when I had a couple of credit cards in the late 90s). But now that I'm consciously building credit for the first and only time in my life, I'd really love to see them start showing up!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.