Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's too bad that the Bank Of The West

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's too bad that the Bank Of The West

Cash Back World card doesn't have a SUB.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: It's too bad that the Bank Of The West

Um...ok. Looks like none of their cards do. Rewards structure is attractive though...

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I'm currently doing a checking account SUB with Bank of the West (no longer available) and took a look at their CCs. That Cash Back World isn't bad with 3% cash back on dining, gas and groceries, but I already have those categories covered with 3% or better. And I get a chuckle out their Platinum card for "our lowest interest rate"!!! - 6 month 0% into, then 17.24-25.24% Smiley LOL With those rates I wouldn't be crowing about "our lowest interest rate".  I don't think I'll stick around after my checking SUB, they're nothing special.

It's far from the better CC SUBs, but the BBVA Compass Clear Points Visa has a $100 SUB for $1500 spend and has 3% & 2% categories you can set quarterly, I use it for 3% at Walmart as my store codes as grocery for Visa/MC but not Disco or Amex.

Message 3 of 6
Ricky_D
Contributor

I live near Disneyland and use the card all around the area. It is a good local use card for dining, groceries and gas with 3%. More like a set and forget type of card that gives you your cash back automatically each quarter. If you go to big box retailers frequently and your other cards are near their limits, this one is good to have as a backup, not primary.  I have other higher end cards, but this one is fine.

A friend with a small business uses the card for gas, supplies from big box stores, and is making good returns each quarter.

BNP Paribas is BOW's parent company. While not widely known here in the states, they are very well known around the world.

Message 4 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Their cashback rewards are so good that one presumably wouldn’t care about an SUB lol I like the bear design too

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They had a SUB of $150 for awhile and I missed it. It’s basically the UMB Simply Rewards with automatic redemption every quarter for $.01 or higher instead of $25 increments except it doesn’t cover discount stores. They’re not said to be anywhere near as conservative as UMB though. If it ever pops with a SUB I will probably go for it. My current grocery card basically yields one $50 redemption a year with my grocery spend being so minimal, the same card only earns 2% back on dining, and it’s an Amex network card which means it’s a got an acceptance issue to overcome at times. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.