cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itching for a new CC, help me decide....

tag
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Re: Itching for a new CC, help me decide....

I agree with Creditaddict - app for those three now - I think you are good to go.  Let us know how it goes!

Message 21 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 22 of 29
TTR79
Established Member

Ok. Appeal Amex, discover and chase.... In that order.
Amex-declined
Discover-approved (unknown CL but asked to send alert at 3600 balance)
Chased approved 3k

I attempted a recon with Amex with no luck. They pulled tu which is my lowest score @693. Should I try again and hope they pull another report??
Message 23 of 29
TTR79
Established Member

Apped not appeal sorry
Message 24 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TTR79 wrote:
Ok. Appeal Amex, discover and chase.... In that order.
Amex-declined
Discover-approved (unknown CL but asked to send alert at 3600 balance)
Chased approved 3k

@I attempted a recon with Amex with no luck. They pulled tu which is my lowest score @693. Should I try again and hope they pull another report??

you could go ahead and apply for a Gold Rewards Preferred Charge Card... shouldn't be more pulls since same day and theyw ill approve that then in 3-6 months you can apply for blue again.

they pulled EX & TU... so something must have made them feel border on the EX... I bet after these other 2 new cards report, they will approve you that's why I suggest taking the Gold Rewards Charge now and then if you apply in just 2-3 months and get denied it won't cost you another HP, then just wait 6 months!

Message 25 of 29
josean4786

Damn, i thought you said you only wanted to get ONE CC and ended up with 3 apps and 2 approvals. Not bad but dont make apps a habit, it will hurt your credit down the road.

I am 24 yrs old. I consider myself lucky to have the credit that I have. Amex - Gold Premier Rewards - NPSL, Amex - TrueEarnings Costco Card - $2,000, MC - BofA Cash Rewards MLB Logo - $5,000, Visa - Barclaycard - $2,400, Visa - Chase Slate - $5,400, Discover - Discover It - $5,500, Total CL - $20,300
Message 26 of 29
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

OP,

Congrats on the approvals!  I don't think it would hurt to app for the PRG, and it would be a nice addition.  Up to you.  If Amex saw that you could handle the PRG well for 4 or 5 months at least, I think they'd be more likely to approve you for a credit card.

Message 27 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@josean4786 wrote:

Damn, i thought you said you only wanted to get ONE CC and ended up with 3 apps and 2 approvals. Not bad but dont make apps a habit, it will hurt your credit down the road.

Well, it depends what you mean by a habit, but doing app sprees from time to time, leaving enough space in between, doesn't hurt credit really.  Generally best to apply for several cards at once, so the inqs all age off together.

Message 28 of 29
TTR79
Established Member

After posting earlier, I decided to go ahead and app with USA for the rewards Amex. Approved for 6k. I'm done for a while. I'll keep these balances pif for about 6 months then may try again with Amex. Thanks for all the help all!! Time to sit back and watch my score grow. :-P
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.