Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC PENNY denial letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JC PENNY denial letter

Bella1980 wrote:
Yeah, I am happy about Target,Walmart and Dillards.

I didn't get Bestbuy but would have liked that.

I need to get some high CL's though.

Yeah i'm tired of these low CL put i have to prove myself again that will come.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied in April for a JCP card and i lovvvvvvvvvvvve Pennys bc of all the sales and discounts!!!! So i was out shopping in JCP and I decided I should apply this was in July of last month i applied and was instantly approved ! I also live down the street from CVS its a dual card With Rite-aid also so I didnt give up true enuff I couldnt believe i was denied but since I saw them Soft me on my EQ credit report I decided to give it a try! my CL is 300 I ve used it well Ive heard they give the best CLI also! so dont give up if its a card you wanted! I love to shop there!  
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrsanderson wrote:
I was denied in April for a JCP card and i lovvvvvvvvvvvve Pennys bc of all the sales and discounts!!!! So i was out shopping in JCP and I decided I should apply this was in July of last month i applied and was instantly approved ! I also live down the street from CVS its a dual card With Rite-aid also so I didnt give up true enuff I couldnt believe i was denied but since I saw them Soft me on my EQ credit report I decided to give it a try! my CL is 300 I ve used it well Ive heard they give the best CLI also! so dont give up if its a card you wanted! I love to shop there!  

Congrats why did they deny u the first time?
Message 13 of 18
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Oh yeah forgot to add, I sent them a recon letter today.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said I had too many recent derogs and too few good standing accts(I only had one at the time! lol Im sure some of it was actually still there I cleaned my report up a lil bit more and I gained about 5 new cards and paid on time with those cards and bam I got the card to my surprise! I want Dillards now lol... I applied in April of this year and reapplied end of June!!!!  

Message Edited by mrsanderson on 08-09-2008 04:08 PM

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrsanderson wrote:
They said I had too many recent derogs and too few good standing accts(I only had one at the time! lol Im sure some of it was actually still there I cleaned my report up a lil bit more and I gained about 5 new cards and paid on time with those cards and bam I got the card to my surprise! I want Dillards now lol... I applied in April of this year and reapplied end of June!!!!  

Well congrats again.
Message 16 of 18
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mrsanderson wrote:

I agree about penneys, I LOVE that store I was going to app there but the last 2 times I shopped they didn't even ask if I wanted to apply. I had my nerve up to say *yes, but since they didn't ask I somehow couldn't get the words out of my mouth that I would like to apply. I am a such a wimp.Smiley Very Happy 
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsKiwi wrote:
I agree about penneys, I LOVE that store I was going to app there but the last 2 times I shopped they didn't even ask if I wanted to apply. I had my nerve up to say *yes, but since they didn't ask I somehow couldn't get the words out of my mouth that I would like to apply. I am a such a wimp.Smiley Very Happy 

Don't be scared lol
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.