Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JC Penny cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JC Penny cc

WoooHooo!!

JC Penny refused my CLI for the last 2 months (yes, I clicked the 'credit line increase button' about 20 times in that two months!! I clicked it this morning and got a message saying I was approved!

I had an introductory $200 credit limit.....today I have $1500.00!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JC Penny cc

CONGRATS!
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the cli.

Im assuming that it must be a soft pull on the 20 request for a cli..

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

uh....geeze...I hope it is a soft pull Woman Very Happy didn't think about that
Message 4 of 18
brother7
Established Contributor

I have a JC Penney CC that I haven't used in like 10 years.  It still shows as open on my CR.

I was surfing around the net and on the Sephora.com site, it says they now accept the JC Penney CC. So I called JC Penney and had them send me a replacement card, went down to Sephora and tried to charge a small purchase... Invalid card.

Apparently, the card is only accepted at Sephora.COM, not the brick-and-mortar stores Smiley Sad

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
uh....geeze...I hope it is a soft pull Woman Very Happy didn't think about that

Did you really hit the button 20 times in the past 2 months or are u just joking lol. that would mean u received 20 denial letters from them also lol. How long have u had your account with Penny's an do you use your card often.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 03-10-2009 02:36 PM
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seriously hit the button about 20 times...and yes I have gotten all the rejection notices in the mail each time. Maybe they granted my CLI becasue that would mean that they don't have to keep sending rejection notices and wasting paper and postage?!

I have had the account about 4- 5 months now. I have used it twice so far. The first time for about $25.00 and the other for about $125.00 on a $200 limit, but paid enough to keep the balance down to less than $75.00 each month. Paid it in full last month so my balance was $0 before they finally granted the increase.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brother7 wrote:

Apparently, the card is only accepted at Sephora.COM, not the brick-and-mortar stores Smiley Sad

NOOOOO...I recently decided to open a JCP account since I didn't have any store cards (and can't get my Macy's back yet) and since the sales associate told me it can be used at Sephora....I am sooo disappointed.

Message 8 of 18
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@brother7 wrote:

NOOOOO...I recently decided to open a JCP account since I didn't have any store cards (and can't get my Macy's back yet) and since the sales associate told me it can be used at Sephora....I am sooo disappointed.

a lot of JCP stores have a Sephora in them now. The one here has one even though there is a b&m Sephora a few miles away.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsKiwi wrote:

a lot of JCP stores have a Sephora in them now. The one here has one even though there is a b&m Sephora a few miles away.

Actually the JCP that I shop at is in the process of getting a Sephora in the store...but there is a nice big Sephora store in the same area...The area roped off in the JCP looked kinda small for a Sephora in the store, oh well, I really don't need to waste the money anyway, so I guess it is just as well.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.