Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney Approved - But low limit.

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: JCPenney Approved - But low limit.

Okay. One more question. In the future I would like to app for a Chevron Visa which is issued by GEMB as well. Will having this JCPenney card greatly helps it or does GEMB treat it as another open account?

Message 11 of 13
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for $300-now @$2850-been there for 12yrs! lol

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for this card in Aug 2010 with a low credit limit of $150.00.  I never used the card, but decided to hit the luv button just before Black Friday last year.  To my surprise they increased my limit to $1800. 

I also have a Chevron gas card which at this point is totally useless because they closed most of their stations on the East Coast.  I started with a $500 limit and it has increased to $1000, but when I request a CLI, they come back declined because of Lack of Payment History on this account.  So I am stuck with a card that I cannot use and will not grow with me.  I guess I will just have to wait for them to close it due to non-use.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.