Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney CLI with score FAKO or FICO ?

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

JCPenney CLI with score FAKO or FICO ?

So i received in the mail a letter from jcpenney explaining my cli and it wasnt what i asked for but they hope i am happy with what they gave me. (which i am lol)

They then gave me a credit score and stated they used transunion.

Is this a fako score or a fico score?

They said it ranges from 300 to 850 so it got me wondering if i got a fico score.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: JCPenney CLI with score FAKO or FICO ?

@oracles wrote:

So i received in the mail a letter from jcpenney explaining my cli and it wasnt what i asked for but they hope i am happy with what they gave me. (which i am lol)

They said it ranges from 300 to 850 so it got me wondering if i got a fico score.

Thanks

I believe it is, I think they are on FICO 's now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@oracles wrote:

Thanks

I'm in the same situation. I received a CLI from JCP, but it was for less than I had requested. The letter showed my TU score as being substanially lower than the one that I purchased from here. It's either a difference between TU models (they sell the older one here), or a different system altogether. I'm not sure which, but I hope it's the latter case.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 12
oracles
Valued Contributor

wow that would be very cool if it is

thanks LS

Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think it is FICO because it was 6 points off on my TU08 lower and 6 points off higher on my TU98.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

I think it is FICO because it was 6 points off on my TU08 lower and 6 points off higher on my TU98.

Well, I hope it's NOT FICO, because mine was about 50 points lower than my TU98! Smiley Surprised

Does anyone here know for sure?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Well, I hope it's NOT FICO, because mine was about 50 points lower than my TU98! Smiley Surprised

Does anyone here know for sure?

Probably wont be able to know for sure, every GE credit analyst i've ever talked to was not very helpful.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

My GE letter had my TU FICO, which was exactly the same as what I got from Walmart at the beginning of March (which is what their FICO score in the letter was dated). So, I would assume they're using the same version, but can't know for sure.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 12
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

My GE letter had my TU FICO, which was exactly the same as what I got from Walmart at the beginning of March (which is what their FICO score in the letter was dated). So, I would assume they're using the same version, but can't know for sure.

Same here...TU FICO I received from GECRB was exactly the same as what I got from Wal-Mart.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

+1 I think mine was TU08 as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.