Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney CLI!

tag
vizon
Regular Contributor

JCPenney CLI!

Decided to test my luck. Unlike most of you others, I have been denied a CLI damn near everytime I have tried in the past 3 1/2 years even when talking to underwriting. A few months ago I finally got an auto CLI from $468 to $1800.

I decided after Citi bumped me from $4800 to $6000 and it just reported I might have some leverage on this card in terms of CL. Called the automated system last night, asked for $5k and was offered $3,800. Took it. Called back this morning to speak with underwriting and they bumped it to $4,000.

So, I have to say I am pretty happy with that.

$6,000 Citi Platinum (newest card)

$2,500 Chase Freedom (starting limit was $1,000 - maybe 9 months old at this point)

$4,000 JCPenney

$500 BoA 123 cash Rewards (BoA is a joke.. 4 years later and still at the starting limit... I've heard CLI is hard pull)

My score is currently way lower than I have had in the past. I was at 710, but I am currently at 660 since I added 2 cards and a car within a span of about a month. However, my util is now 23% and lowering significantly every month. I know people say auto inquries are all bundled if you do them within a certain span - but there is no way these 13 or so haven't affected me. Discover reject my app after 4 or so preapprovals for "seeking new credit".

Anyway, in the coming months I will see a huge rebound. My goal is to get a BCE and Discover.

I am overall very happy with my credit, though. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: JCPenney CLI!

I have NEVER seen auto/mortgage inqs be counted as one.. Agreed!! Congrats on the cli!!! I have a $4900 cl w jcp!! This is the only gecrb that wants to hp or be a stickler about clis, even when I call uw!!! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I have NEVER seen auto/mortgage inqs be counted as one.. Agreed!! Congrats on the cli!!! I have a $4900 cl w jcp!! This is the only gecrb that wants to hp or be a stickler about clis, even when I call uw!!! Lol

You won't see it... All of the INQ are going to be on report and on manual review they will see them and SHOULD not be stup and count that against you... but im sure some will and i think most credit cards remove them out of the system as an issue when seen sort of thing... but when it's stated they are counted as one, it means that they are not efffecting score beyond 1 "IF" you would be effected by more than 1.

Hope you tried to recon the declined Discover if it was really over 4 Car INQ.

Message 3 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on the cli

Message 4 of 7
vizon
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

You won't see it... All of the INQ are going to be on report and on manual review they will see them and SHOULD not be stup and count that against you... but im sure some will and i think most credit cards remove them out of the system as an issue when seen sort of thing... but when it's stated they are counted as one, it means that they are not efffecting score beyond 1 "IF" you would be effected by more than 1.

Hope you tried to recon the declined Discover if it was really over 4 Car INQ.

I did recon, they said I needed a cosigner (WHAT?? I have a BRAND NEW card with a 4.5% interet rate a few months prior with no cosigner, but a credit card wants one?) I laughed about that and said no thanks. Tried reconning a few times to no avaliable.

Message 5 of 7
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

very nice cli.  I was declined last month for low activity on my account, oh well.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLIs  OP Smiley Happy  nice ones!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.