Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney Mastercard upgrade!

tag
datrucking210
Established Contributor

JCPenney Mastercard upgrade!

Well yesterday in the mail I received a letter informing me that I was selected for an upgrade to the JCPenney Mastercard. Really surprised me. It does say if I don't want the upgrade to call by July 17th. Now I just recently jumped in the garden so this essentially will be coming out of the garden since it'll report as a new account, right?

photo 2016-06-01 15.47.20_zps4n8wcnyb.jpg

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: JCPenney Mastercard upgrade!

@datrucking210 wrote:

Well yesterday in the mail I received a letter informing me that I was selected for an upgrade to the JCPenney Mastercard. Really surprised me. It does say if I don't want the upgrade to call by July 17th. Now I just recently jumped in the garden so this essentially will be coming out of the garden since it'll report as a new account, right?

photo 2016-06-01 15.47.20_zps4n8wcnyb.jpg

I believe so. I would do it if it was me, but that's me.

i would not have closed the account a couple of years ago had I known that it might upgrade

Congratu-diddlydooerooni-lations!Smiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 18
Pway
Valued Contributor

If it requires a HP then yes your gardening starts over.  I don't believe a upgrade requires a HP with Synchrony bank.  It looks as though this was auto done from what I could read in the letter.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..Since you didn't initiate it, I don't think it counts against gardening.

Message 4 of 18
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats..Since you didn't initiate it, I don't think it counts against gardening.

You could be right, but I think the rule says "No new accounts of any kind". 

That might refer to the type of account rather than the the fact that it is new

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 18
NichelleN
Established Contributor

First, congrats to the OP. That's cool.'

Second, I wish this converted and kept the same account. It's too bad that one has to open a new tradeline for the upgrade.

More than enough credit.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You could be right, but I think the rule says "No new accounts of any kind". 

That might refer to the type of account rather than the the fact that it is new

I know it mentions about no new tradelines and this will be one, so it's a possibility that it will restart gardening, but since it wasn't iniiated, here's hoping it doesn't restart the clock for you.  I wouldn't turn down the upgrade since it's a MC. 

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, I'm so jelly! I want my JC Penny mastercard. Hoping to hear from them soon.

Message 8 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP. To me if it was initiated on their end, in my own little world, that would not be stepping out of the garden. That is someone walking by and pouring water on it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 18
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!

@NichelleN wrote:

First, congrats to the OP. That's cool.'

Second, I wish this converted and kept the same account. It's too bad that one has to open a new tradeline for the upgrade.

This is my main concerned since I heard Synch reports visa/mc upgrades as new tradelines. I'm hoping that since I didn't initiate it I get a pass for my gardening status Smiley Tongue

Just for reference, I opened this account back in June 2014 so it took two years for an upgrade. Used it a couple times at the beginning but not a whole lot. The most I put on it was like $87 an paid off days later. I haven't used it in about 6 months which reminds me that I need to charge something to keep it active so it doesn't get shut down for inactivity.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.