Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenney

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JCPenney

Wow guys I had appd this store and got a lousy 150 limit--what in the world--I think I will close this thing or they fast about CLI--cause otherwise I dont know how they expect me to use this crazy card--You can just about max it out with one purchase--LOL I guess I will buy a set of sheets for my beds and pay in full the next week or so---wont be able to do much--if not increased soon--I will let this TL go for sure!!!!  Since I am sure I took the inquiry hit might as well let it report for at least 6 months or so--to get the goood history might as well get something out of the deal----
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JCPenney

No AF - no reason to close.  Use it and pay it - they review every 3 months  graduated from black to gold and 300 to 500 (due another CLI next month) - opened the account last April.  Somewhat stingy but I like JCP to shop at - so I do use my card regularly - BTW Eckerd''s and CVS also take JCP (at least in the pharmacy) - so I've been almost maxing and PIF just for DH's drugs... trick is to pay the balance in full before due date so it doesn't report a maxxed card. (Messed that up last month by charging $350 the day after my payment date).
Message 2 of 18
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

AWLEGZ I have a gold pennies card I got it in june 2005 with a 300 CL (EQ:605) and as of today it has a 2100 CL on it so I would keep it now that you have it. I think that it will work for you very well if you shop their.
Message 3 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Couple of months ago I got the card with CL of $800. Since there is no AF I am going to keep the card for a while. Any card that does not have AF, I am going to keep them. They are good once they start aging and I am sure one day or other they will give CLI.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds good guys thanks for all the feedback I guess you got a point why close its costing me nothing to have it on hand--yeah I applied online versus the store that too may have something to do with the limit---seems like online approvals with dept stores are sometimes different than if you apply in store--oh well we shall see as time passes by--
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issued by GEMB...classic limits applying online... they are generally very cheap.
Message 6 of 18
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

I have this card as well, $1750 CL, I just got it this month. Charged about $250 last week and I paid it off this week. I will see how it works out....
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow dont know who has this card but this is great news--I got a JCP card mentioned earlier finally got card adv by CSR on phone to take card in store with id# for verification purposes limits online apply are generally low to prevent frqaud--they originally gave me a 150 limit went in store today after custoemr service called credit dept increased to 1000--YEA!!!!! Now that was worth the inquiry Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a Jcpenny card.applied in Nov07 with a $500 CL...just like others expressed I am going to wait 3 months before I ask for a CLI...Hang in there alot of us are going through the same thing "Credit Rebuliding" Smiley Happy

just a yr ago my lowest score was 540..now its...640...on my way to the 700's.....I hope Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH I am cool I will not ask for an increase now b/c they gave me one instantly I just got the card Saturday and got an increase today--I applied online about a week or so ago and they gave a low limit upfront due to applying online but advised if I went in the store they would increase it and they did right then and there --now my JCP limit is higher than Macys and Walmart Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.