Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCPenny

tag
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

Re: JCPenny

@masscredit wrote:

I have a couple of rewards cards but I just find that the JCP card has some pretty good benefits. Realistically, I didn't spend that much and now I'm looking at $50.00 that I can go in and use this week. Plus I'll end up getting rewards in the mail. 

I did the exact same thing today with my JCP card. Plus since my purchase was over $300 I got no interest for 12 months using the card. Awesome promo today with F&F.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 11 of 27
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I had a JCP card and took it to platinum quickly. It was a great card. I ended up too far away from a Jcp and closed the account. Of course they came out with a MC right after that......

Rite Aid still accepts JCP cards for payment; CVS used to up until this July.    There's always JCP internet orders, too...

It's been a few months since I used my JCP card at CVS? They don't accept it anymore?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 12 of 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I have to say, JCPenny is probably my most rewarding credit card. They have quality merchandise and then to have a lot of sales. Plus there are usually other offers that can be stacked on top of most of the sale pricing. I bought $478.00 worth of merchandise there today. I paid $303.70 after the sale prices and 25% off friends and family discount. And then I got $50.00 in bonus cash. Plus I get rewards by using my JCP card. Not bad at all! Granted you don't need their card to get some of these discounts but the extras definately help. 

We shop at Penney's occasionally as there is one close to our home.  They were reprimanded recently in the news about "sale" items that were initially inflated way beyond normal retail prices, then marked 75% off which was considered deceitful and bordering on fraudulent sales tactics. Penneys is struggling to maintain any consistant market share and going through many CEO's with yet another due next year, an ex Home Depot VP.  I hope Penneys and Sears can survive their ongoing sales declines.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Turbobuick wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I have to say, JCPenny is probably my most rewarding credit card. They have quality merchandise and then to have a lot of sales. Plus there are usually other offers that can be stacked on top of most of the sale pricing. I bought $478.00 worth of merchandise there today. I paid $303.70 after the sale prices and 25% off friends and family discount. And then I got $50.00 in bonus cash. Plus I get rewards by using my JCP card. Not bad at all! Granted you don't need their card to get some of these discounts but the extras definately help. 

We shop at Penney's occasionally as there is one close to our home.  They were reprimanded recently in the news about "sale" items that were initially inflated way beyond normal retail prices, then marked 75% off which was considered deceitful and bordering on fraudulent sales tactics. Penneys is struggling to maintain any consistant market share and going through many CEO's with yet another due next year, an ex Home Depot VP.  I hope Penneys and Sears can survive their ongoing sales declines.

Internet killed the retail star(s).

Message 14 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I had a JCP card and took it to platinum quickly. It was a great card. I ended up too far away from a Jcp and closed the account. Of course they came out with a MC right after that......

Rite Aid still accepts JCP cards for payment; CVS used to up until this July.    There's always JCP internet orders, too...

It's been a few months since I used my JCP card at CVS? They don't accept it anymore?

CVS phased out acceptance of the JCP card as of July.  :-(   This could be why we saw an influx of the JCPenney MC being issued in August.   Needless to say, I shifted my business over to Rite Aid. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

CVS phased out acceptance of the JCP card as of July.  :-(   This could be why we saw an influx of the JCPenney MC being issued in August.   Needless to say, I shifted my business over to Rite Aid. 

Hmm. I'm inclined to agree with this.

They didn't upgrade ours. Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Turbobuick wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

The only problem is JCP got caught doing it.  That's a pretty standard tactic for any business.

JCP just needs to find their audience again.  They have quality clothing at reason prices, although it seems like they're battling competitors ranging from Target to Macy's that could also claim the same, to some extent.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thread ... thanks for the info. Use my JC Penney Card a couple of times a year. Challenge is not using Chase Ultimate Rewards or Discover Card Rewards and picking up extra benefits. The internet certainly is challenging brick and mortar retail. Hope Sears and JCP survive.

Message 18 of 27
masscredit
Valued Contributor

For the JCP Rewards, it says -

Get a $10 JCPenney Reward for every 100 points earned in store and at jcp.com—up to 10 each month when you use your JCPenney Credit Card.

I haven't noticed it before, does this include when you use it at outside locations like Rite Aid and when it was accepted at CVS? 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 27
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

JCP will always hold a very special place in my heart. They were my very 1st credit card, when I was only 17. I didn't know much at all about credit then, and our relationship ended. . . They gave me another chance and we picked up as if nothing negative ever happened. Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.