Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JFCU Closed Account for no reason!

tag
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

JFCU Closed Account for no reason!

I Just got the mail today and for no reason at all JFCU closed my Account. Nothings changed on my credit report I have NFCU , USAA all zero bals with only one account reporting 20 dollars. I called and they read some automated bs like we sent thousands of those letters out did'nt even ask for the account number to look up account Just kept reading from some script this credit union must have taken a loss I know somethings wrong when they close a Service Members account I have 18 yrs in the Military and will never do business with this credit union again . Well this is a heads up to all you guys that have JFCU a lot will get a letter soon any day the reps said they have been getting calls all day . I'm so glad I decided to joing NFCU geez !  I got a visa and mastercard from them . Tomorrow I'm calling the FTC with Banks doing this a lot of guys are gonna have their scores messed up due to the banks causing this mess I think we all should complain to FTC and Congress let them know how this messes with our good score with the CRA !

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: JFCU Closed Account for no reason!

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like you have good backups in place though.NFCU and USAA are high on my list.

JFCU was always quirky and inconsistant with thier policies as far as approvals and customer relations so it doesn't surprise me they might be the same with cardholders during tough times.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 14
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Thats very true. If you guys have JFCU the letters just went out . I wish I would've closed them when I was on a closing spree 6 months ago! NFCU and USAA are very good and you will like them very much. NFCU just financed my car for 35,000 at 6% I can't say enough good things about NFCU and USAA just approved my mortage loan both have very good customer service rep.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a $10,000 CL(my 1st big CL) and I told them they could go shove there card. The reps has some nasty attitudes. They even make Wamu reps look good. It started off bad when I called and asked why did I get hit with 3 INQS(all on EQ) just for opening a checking account & APPING for a CC. I was basically told to deal with it & that it was nothing that could be done about them. The more reps I talked to the nastier they got. I was gonna do all of my banking thru JFCU including opening a big CD account , Mortgage, & a car loan. Now they lost that business to another company.
Message 4 of 14
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

All the reps are horrible worst attitudes I put them up there with HSBC reps ! I had HSBC when I first started out and closed them too. Thank god I kept my banking at USAA !

Message 5 of 14
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@armywifey85 wrote:

All the reps are horrible worst attitudes I put them up there with HSBC reps !

Wow. I had no idea they had such poor customer service.

Here we go again...
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

in my experience. sometimes not vey versed on internal policy, but never rude. sorry you had that experince.
Message 7 of 14
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

It was shocking for me also I've been with them for a year even got a car loan very shocked at reps attitudes but I understand the CEOS gave them a script to read from and they have been getting calls all day and don't know anything about it other than what they are told to say. Last year when I opened accounts with Dora I had the best service she was very helpful. But thats changed because they have been given scripts to read from don't even look up the accounts its more or less like talking to the automated system. Good luck hope you don't get a letter Dora said thousands of letters went out and they were getting calls all day.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

just trying to gather some data points here. did you renew your NSA membership if that's howyou gained eligabilty? I did and so far accounts are intact. for now maybe.
Message 9 of 14
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Yes I did and the letter I got stated due to the economic crisis we are closing your account nothing due to membership or credit reports that tells me that JFCU is taking a hit I could see if I did'nt have a secure job or changes in credit reports but no just the economic crisis. Thats ok I called the FTC and Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins to complain about my credit score being impacted I don't care that they closed it but I would rather receive a letter giving me the chance to close it myself not closed by grantor. I've got NFCU and USAA I don't need JFCU! I would call them my accounts remained intact online for two weeks after the letter was sent out. I had no Idea until I received that letter.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.