Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JFCU IS A JOKE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JFCU IS A JOKE!

I finally received my reason for denial in the mail after 2 months.  Smiley Very Happy  I have too many inquiries on my EQ report, a whopping 4.  How dare I have 4 total inq. I must cut down on my apping, 4 in 2 years whooooooaaaaaa!

They are full of it!  That was the best excuse they could come up with after I bugged them 2 long A$$ months to send me a reason in writing.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: JFCU IS A JOKE!

@Anonymous wrote:
I finally received my reason for denial in the mail after 2 months. Smiley Very Happy I have too many inquiries on my EQ report, a whopping 4. How dare I have 4 total inq. I must cut down on my apping, 4 in 2 years whooooooaaaaaa!
They are full of it! That was the best excuse they could come up with after I bugged them 2 long A$$ months to send me a reason in writing.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I applied to these guys in February and still haven't heard anything. I did get a hard on EQ though.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off the phone with Debbie, after Lisa couldn't figure out how to transfer the call and hung up, go figure.

Debbie said " I really don't know what too many inquires are, there is not really a number" couldn't believe my ears.  So how does JFCU give me that reason and there is nothing etched in stone about too many inquiries.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with them. I just recently obtained a savings account, visa platinum and signature loan all within a 2 week span without a problem.

As always, your YMMV....
Message 4 of 14
deskjockey101
Valued Member

i think PenFed is a joke, too! i got denied, but USAA gave me a AmEx..
FICOs: EQ-780 TU-752 EX-777

Citi TY 12k; RBFCU Preferred MC 12k; USAA AmEx $9200; HomeDepot 16k; Barclays Apple $7700; RBFCU LoC 1k; Kohls 1k; Target Red $700
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did those inquiries result in new lines of credit or credit limit increases? Sometimes I suspect that if a risk analyst sees probably credit rejections in the past they are unlikely to grant a new line themselves, even if the report is pretty clean currently.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope all 4 were approvals, no denials.  2 personal cc's 1 bus cc and 1 merchant account.

They initally denied me for not being able to verify my identity, then after that lie, they said oh, let us change that to, too many inquiries.  It took them 2 months to send a letter.  When I talked to Theresa, she specifically stated that "they really don't have a reason as to why they declined me, they have to come up with one to generate a letter"  what kind of BS is that.

Maybe it was timing, there are a few others on this board that applied around the same time and didnt get approved for membership either.  I applied for the NSA Visa with them FIRST, approved for $10,000 only to be told that they won't grant my membership.

WTF
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky U!   Scores and # of Inq if you don't mind me asking?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the best experience with JFCU. They are my Fav. I have 20,000 LOC

and 20,000 visa platinum, 39,900 dollars car loan and checking and

savings account with them. Now I am looking to refinance my mortgage with them.

They are the best for me.

Message 9 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Looks to me as if JFCU should have just announced a temporary freeze on membership while they caught up and got their ducks back in a row.

They were obviously overwhelmed by their sudden success.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.