Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Pending

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Pending

Hidden trades are uber rare and that would be why I got it too.
Message 11 of 23
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

I'm just wondering why Chase won't give me more than $5,000 limit, that's what I have on all their cards :/

Message 12 of 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I'm just wondering why Chase won't give me more than $5,000 limit, that's what I have on all their cards :/

I think they typically try to match or come close to your highest established trade line. When I was approved for my CSP, my highest establiished trade line was $15K...of course income and credit score factor in as well....

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 13 of 23
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

True, I don't have anything much higher yet and my scores are on the low side at the moment, income is just about 70k. Is it possible to combine my United and CSP limit into one and get rid of the other?

Message 14 of 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

True, I don't have anything much higher yet and my scores are on the low side at the moment, income is just about 70k. Is it possible to combine my United and CSP limit into one and get rid of the other?

I have read post's where people have had success with combining limits...worth a call

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 15 of 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I think they typically try to match or come close to your highest established trade line. When I was approved for my CSP, my highest establiished trade line was $15K...of course income and credit score factor in as well....

+1. Chase is very much a follower in this regard. They will easily match your highest CL, but they won't be the first to take a chance on someone and give their first high CL. Why? They don't have to. People will still want their cards regardless.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 16 of 23
A_Madel
Contributor

OP - Congrats! I can't wait for my card to arrive either! Hopefully, you'll have success combining your CL's. They started me out with 6k and my highest is 15k, who knows why...but, looking forward to an increase down the road. 

Current: EQ 791 / TU 788 / EX 752 FICO's (MyFico, Oct 2012)

*** NFCU Plat | USAA CR Amex | PenFed TR Amex | BOA Gold | JP Morgan Select | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | USAA Plat ***
Message 17 of 23
n777ua
Established Contributor

Has anyone ever PC'd into a Select from another Chase product ?

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 18 of 23
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Just got it today and it does look much nicer than the online pics! Just wish it was from the same material as the CSP, but good looking anyway lol.

One thing I did notice, there's no sticker on the card with the number to activate it? Not even on the paperwork it says it needs to be activated, can anyone confirm this? I haven't tried using it yet, later after work only.

Message 19 of 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

The card already comes activated...I know, weird...

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.