Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

tag
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Approved

@CreditScholar wrote:

How difficult was it to move your CLs around? I'm thinking about applying for a hotel card soon (Hyatt or Ritz), but I won't need the CL I'll likely get. If transferring CLs isn't too difficult, I might do this sooner rather than later.

It was actually really easy. I called the backdoor analyst number and they were able to do it in a matter of minutes.

Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 31 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

Re: JP Morgan Select Reporting Question

@swpopham wrote:
Just got off the phone with cs and they say its the csp reporting and not the palladium card. I guess that settles that argument I will say I am glad I was wrong. On that, oh good job on the 30k line, you had to top us!

Thanks! I have to admit that I was surprised myself. I seriously think it's an Amex - Chase thing. Chase sees the great relationship I have with Amex and they jump at the opportunity to top them!

It's good to hear that your Palladium isn't reporting. Thanks for checking and sharing.

Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 32 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Congrats, can't wait till I get on that level. Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks. You'll get there.

Trust me - less than a year ago I was nowhere. Through patience and research, I've made all the progress you see in my sig.

Just remember - good credit is rewarded by more credit.

Message 33 of 47
CS800
Super Contributor

Is the select normally an NPSL card?

Since they give you a $30K line i assume it also doesnt report a cl?

Message 34 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

The Select card does have a credit line. However, as is the case with most Visa Signature cards, it can be used as a NPSL card so long as the amount over the credit limit is paid after the statement cuts. (Otherwise the card will be locked for use.)

@CS800 wrote:

The general consensus is that this card should not report at all.

To the best of my knowledge, IF it did report, it would report with a limit and a balance that would be factored in utilization.
Message 35 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@SanjeevR wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

The Select card does have a credit line. However, as is the case with most Visa Signature cards, it can be used as a NPSL card so long as the amount over the credit limit is paid after the statement cuts. (Otherwise the card will be locked for use.)

@CS800 wrote:

The general consensus is that this card should not report at all.

To the best of my knowledge, IF it did report, it would report with a limit and a balance that would be factored in utilization.

+1. Sounds dead on.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 36 of 47
MrShush
Valued Contributor

There was a poster who mentioned his reported but that was a PC from CSP if I remember...

However, mine does not report either and I have had it since May.
Message 37 of 47
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
There was a poster who mentioned his reported but that was a PC from CSP if I remember...

However, mine does not report either and I have had it since May.

Excellent point! That's probably the answer...

Message 38 of 47
mokong
Regular Contributor

mine doesnt report yet i got it since may.

Message 39 of 47
CS800
Super Contributor

@mokong wrote:

mine doesnt report yet i got it since may.

+1

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.