Did you mean: 

January app spree

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: January app spree

@09Lexie wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Will go for amex gold as charge card. Do you think I should go for the bcp over spg card as my amex revolver? I go back and forth on this. 

Do you stay at SPG Hotels a lot?

For this year probably sticking with marriot due to my status with them, but the points can go into a lot of different airline partners which is why I was interested in spg. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 18
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Chase will result in 2 HP's sorry 

IIRC you really wanted the business card most correct?

+1

Chase will consider each application separate, especially if you will be PG on the Ink card.   It appears you're on the fence on SPG or BCP .. have you given some thought as far as what would be of most value?  Travel? Cashback?

I got a United Explorer personal card, Ink Bold, and a CLI all on one HP (EQ) 10/27

DW got a Freedom and CSP on one HP (EX) , then got a PRG and BCE on one HP (EX) 10/27

Message 12 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@whitesol, a hp for CLI on multiple chase cards is equivalent to a hp for CLI on one chase card. Chase did the same for me in the past, but when I gave it more thought, all they did was to increase their overall exposure to me via 1 pull, which is what they care about.

One can have 3 increases on 3 cards for 3k each, or a one CLI on 1 card for 9k and then call CSR again to move some of the CLs to other cards, which chase is more than willing to do.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

+1

Chase will consider each application separate, especially if you will be PG on the Ink card.   It appears you're on the fence on SPG or BCP .. have you given some thought as far as what would be of most value?  Travel? Cashback?

I got a United Explorer personal card, Ink Bold, and a CLI all on one HP (EQ) 10/27

DW got a Freedom and CSP on one HP (EX) , then got a PRG and BCE on one HP (EX) 10/27

So now I am back to being confused as it seems that some people are getting two chase cards wirth one hard pull. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

+1

So now I am back to being confused as it seems that some people are getting two chase cards wirth one hard pull. 

It's a YEMV situation.  By default, Chase will HP for each product you apply for including any CLI requests.  If you are moving or swapping CLs between personal cards or business cards, then no HP.

Message 15 of 18
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@wHiTeSoL, a hp for CLI on multiple chase cards is equivalent to a hp for CLI on one chase card. Chase did the same for me in the past, but when I gave it more thought, all they did was to increase their overall exposure to me via 1 pull, which is what they care about.

One can have 3 increases on 3 cards for 3k each, or a one CLI on 1 card for 9k and then call CSR again to move some of the CLs to other cards, which chase is more than willing to do.

Maybe I worded it poorly, I was approved for a united explorer, approved for an Ink bold, and got a CLI on my freedom all in one day with 1 HP. It certianly is possible but like everyone else is saying YEMV, expect multiple pray for 1. 

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@enharu wrote:
@wHiTeSoL, a hp for CLI on multiple chase cards is equivalent to a hp for CLI on one chase card. Chase did the same for me in the past, but when I gave it more thought, all they did was to increase their overall exposure to me via 1 pull, which is what they care about.

Maybe I worded it poorly, I was approved for a united explorer, approved for an Ink bold, and got a CLI on my freedom all in one day with 1 HP. It certianly is possible but like everyone else is saying YEMV, expect multiple pray for 1. 

Exactly... well said wHiTeSoL.

Message 17 of 18
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

if you are going to try for AMEX I would AP in december to set your membership year that can make an impact with your AMEX membership, I don't think a couple weeks will mattter much in AP terms.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.